Chapter Seventeen: Zalgo

Ej and I had finished our routine for the morning and headed to Slender's office, wondering what this sudden meeting was about.

"Do you really think it's that important?" I asked, letting Ej hold my hand to guide me through the halls.

"Probably. Slender usually only talks to Jeff, Ben, his brothers occasionally and his proxies." (I know Masky and Hoodie aren't proxies but please bear with me and let it slide for this story. It just makes it more fun)

"I see. Maybe it's about new room arrangements or something."

"I'd rather you stay in my sight till you can fully see. Unless you're uncomfortable being in my room. I just want to keep you safe, and I know there's creeps in this manor who would try to do things to you and I don't like that," Ej grumbled.

My heart fluttered slightly.
He wanted to protect me?
"I'm not uncomfortable at all. I enjoy your company, honestly."

"That's good."

"And I want to stay in your room. I like your company. If you don't mind, that is."

A small pink tinted Ej's grey cheeks.
"I don't mind."

I smiled and nodded happily, following Ej carefully.

We eventually arrived at Slender's door and Ej knocked, taking a small step back afterward.

"Come in, you two," Slender's voice spoke through the door.

Ej pushed it open and he led me inside.
"What did you need, Slender?"

"I have a feeling Zalgo's been lurking in the woods, recently. I felt his presence just last night while I was patrolling. As well as another female with him. I think he might be after (Y/N), knowing what kind of power she holds and what she could do. He knows nothing about her, yet he's still after her. I've taken extra precautions and have Evelyn on guard at all times. Toby helps out sometimes, and Hoodie and Masky are busy doing other tasks. My brother's will most likely be joining us soon to help out as well."

"Who's Zalgo..?-"
Is what I wanted to ask. But I didn't dare open my mouth.
Knowing somebody was after me was enough to set my nerves on edge.

Ej gently squeezed my hand and I squeezed back, calmed slightly by his offered comfort.

"Ej, keep close tabs on (Y/N) at all times," Slender said.

"I will, don't worry. I won't let her out of my sights."

He was being so sweet, and it helped to know that he would be looking after me and keeping me safe.

"You two can go now. Enjoy your day."

"Thank you, Slender," I said softly, grateful to him especially for taking me in.

"You're welcome, (Y/N). Now you two run along. I have things to do."

Ej led me out of the office quietly and downstairs.
"Want me to make breakfast?"

"Please."

And with that, the rest of the day went by peacefully. Maybe a little too peacefully.

_________________________________________

A/N: hey guys!! I'm trying to update more! I promise! I just have no motivation lately and I apologize how long it takes me to update stories! I promise I'm trying!! And I'm so sorry there hasn't been any romance or even any sign of feelings between you and Ej! I promise I'll try harder!!