Chapter Seven: Training: 1

*2nd Person POV*

That next morning, you woke to Ej gently shaking your shoulder.

You groaned softly and slowly sat up, leaning against the cool wall.

"Hey, it's almost ten-thirty. Are you feeling okay?" Ej asked, his voice laced with concern and a gentle kindness.

"I'm just tired. The anxiety I've had from coming here has made me much more tired. Sorry if I worried you..."

"Well, I brought you up breakfast. You won't have to eat with the others."

"Thank you, Ej," you whispered, slightly awed at the kindness the teen was showing you.

He carefully handed you the plate and a fork, your stomach growling as you smelled the bacon, pancakes, and eggs, the warmth from the plate warming your hands.

You quietly began to eat, scarfing down the food rather quickly. You didn't realize how hungry you actually were since skipping dinner last night.

After you finished, Ej took your plate and took it downstairs to put it in the sink.
He came back a few minutes later and sat next to you.

"Slender wanted to start teaching you how to use your shape-shifting skills today. If you want, I'll go with the two of you, if it'll make you feel better."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" You asked, slightly confused.
"You guys kidnapped me and you're being kind to me. I don't even know you and you're letting me stay in your room and you're taking care of me..."

"Well.. to put it simply... I just... I know what it's like to not be able to see. It was that way for a couple of weeks after I first came here. I was, well, am, missing my eyes but Slender was somehow able to restore my sight... not being able to see sucks. And you don't know anyone here and you don't know your way around here either. I want to help get you acquainted with others and get to know the place better before I let you out of my sight. And Slender assigned me to you, only because I asked him to. Ben would have only mocked you and taunted you. Jeff would continuously threaten you... I want you to be safe. I know I just met you but I care about you, (Y/N)."

You were quiet, letting his words sink in.
You could feel the tears forming in your eyes.
A killer was showing such compassion toward you. You never had such a thing happen since your parents had died. Your caretaker had shown you compassion, but it was only brief because she had never stayed long.

Tears dripped out of your eyes and you silently bowed your head and started to cry.

Ej pulled you into a gentle hug, holding you close to him.

You cried into his chest, keeping the soft sobs quiet so nobody else heard.

After a minute or two you calmed yourself, wiping at your unseeing eyes.

A knock sounded on Ej's door before it was slammed open.

"You two get your asses in Slendy's office. He needs you," the one known as "Ben" said, his tone mocking.

Ej stood and helped you to your feet.
"You good?" He whispered to you as he led you past Ben.

"I'm fine..." you muttered softly back to him.

He led you down a hallway and then through a door.
He helped you sit down and then sat down in another chair beside you.

"Alright, (Y/N). We're gonna head to a clearing nearby so that you can start training. You'll need quite a bit of space."

"Do you know how to train me...?"

"I do. Your parents have come to me countless times to make sure I was prepared for the day I would have to teach you."

You could only hesitantly nod.

"Shall we get to it?"

"Yes, sir..." you replied softly, swallowing a lump in your throat at the mention of your parents.
You held your arms in your hands, digging your nails into them.

"Let's go then."

Something soft and warm wrapped around your wrist and you jumped, standing up abruptly, knocking your chair over.

"Relax, child. It's only my tentacle."

You swallowed thickly, trying to calm your breathing.

Ej gently gripped your shoulders as an odd feeling washed over your body.
You felt warm and lost at the same time, and there was nothing under your feet.

Soon, you felt your feet hit the grassy, forest floor, and peace filled the air.

The odd feeling washed away and the tentacle released your wrist.

"Now. We'll start with small things first, yes? Make it easy for your first time."

You nodded in reply.

"Give me your hand, child."

You reached your hand forward, finding the large hand outstretched toward you.

As you slid your hand into Slender's, you felt it was warm and calming. It was almost like your father's hands.

You swallowed back the tears that threatened to start flowing.

A gentle power flowed through your hand and into your arm. It began coursing through your veins, and you relaxed instantly at the warmth Slender's hand provided and the help he was giving you.

"This is going to give you a feel of how it should be when you shapeshift. And giving you a bit of my power will help to get you started."

After another minute or two, he pulled his hand away.

"Are you ready to start your training?"

You nodded hesitantly and the training began.

A/N: Art above not mine!