16

"What was that for!" He yelped as he probed gingerly at his cheek with the tips of his fingers.
A bruise was already forming.
"That was for being an absolute idiot putting me through hell these past three days!" You yell. He opened his mouth to object but you cut him off by quickly pushing your mouth to his, not caring if you hurt him, lips moving with bruising intensity, "And that was for nearly dying." You said, voice steady.

You lightly kissed his forehead, nose and cheek before moving to brush your lips against his with careful gentleness "And that was because I love you." You whispered. He didn't say anything but pulled you onto his lap and hugged you close, smoothing your hair while you bury your head into his neck.
"When did you remember me?" He asked as if afraid of the answer.
"Just before you went into the Maze. I woke up and you were-- you were--." you couldn't finish and he wrapped his arms around you tighter.
You let a single tear fall down your cheek.
"Does your leg hurt?" You whimpered against his chest.
"Nah, the Med Jacks are good, I'll have a limp though." You both stayed like that for a while, clutching each other and whispering. You told him how Minho had found you cradling his bleeding body on the Maze floor and how you both had carried him back to the Galde.
Toward the bit when you saw him jump you struggled to get the words out so Newt shifted positions so you were laid snuggled next to each other, your upper body still resting against his chest. Newt wrapped his arms around you as if protecting you from all the terrible thoughts and 'what ifs' that threatened to overwhelm you.

"You have to promise you won't do it again." You say, staring him hard in the eye and refusing to look away. You had a silent staring contest for a few moments before he looked to the ground then back up at you, a new glitter in his eyes "I've got you back now, so why would I?"
He kissed you.
It was different from all the kisses you'd shared, this was so full of love and compassion it was overwhelming, in one kiss you forgave him.
You moved your lips in sync as he cupped your face in his hands, thumbs lightly stroking your temples as you entwined your fingers in the soft, floppy pieces of hair at the back of his neck. He moved his hands form your face to your hips, effortlessly lifting up as if you weighed nothing, settling you on top of him; with his hands resting against your lower back you continued to kiss, opening your lips slightly, allowing his tongue to slip into your mouth.
You heard a knock on the door.
You both ignored it and kept your lips moving against his.
A cough from behind you.
They can wait.
"Oi!"
You reluctantly broke away, resting your forehead against his as he brushed a stray piece of hair from your face.
"Well well well, what do we have here?" You twisted around, still lying atop Newt, to see Gally leaning against the door frame, smirking.
"Go away Gally." You groaned.
"Two little rule breakers thats what I see." You dramatically groaned and thumped your head against Newt's chest.
Gally laughed lightly but the humour didn't quite reach his eyes.
"Y/n, you remember me, right?" He asked, stepping further into the room.
"Yes." You said, a small chill starting in your chest and rushing through your body.
"Okay, good, well I just want to say that I'm, um, sorry." He mumbled, suddenly finding his toes extremely interesting.
"Yeah, well, okay" You mutter uncomfortably.
He looked Newt dead in the eye.
"I need to speak to you. In private. Now." The tone of his voice stated that it was wasn't up for discussion.
Newts fingers tightened on your arms slightly.
"Okay. Y/n, could you wait outside for a minute?"
"Yeah, sure." You say, untangling yourself from Newt and standing up, you walked uncomfortably over to the door, shutting it behind you.
As they began to whisper you completely threw all respect of personal conversations and privacy out of the window and pressed your ear to the door.

--- Sorry if this is terrible, please comment ideas!! ohmygod over 4K reads!?!? you guys are the best!
comment what you think <3
Message me if you want to talk bc i love youuuuuuuu x
Love you and stay safe, bye Noses :) ---