22

"Think of them as plane trails." Newt mumbled.
"What?" You furrow your brows slightly.
"The cuts." He whispered "Think of them as little plane trails. Or think of them as cracks in a country pavement. Or marks in the rocks at the seaside. Think of them as anything aside from what they truly are." He finally met your eyes.
"I don't want to," You breath "They aren't plane trails, or cracks in the pavement, or marks on rocks. They are what they are. You are strong, you just went through a little rough patch but you've come right through it with a few scars but that doesn't change who you are. That doesn't change that you're Newt. That doesn't change that I love you." Your eyes flit to his face then back at the bed.

Newt took your chin between his thumb and finger and looked at you so lovingly it brought tears to your eyes. "I never thought I'd be lucky enough to meet someone as amazing as you." He murmured, "The way you see the world is so incredible."
"I love you." You rest you forehead against his
so your noses were touching.
"I love you too." He said, kissing your lips softly.
And that was that. No beautifying. No romanticising. It was what it was and you were determined to stick by Newt no matter what.

"Unfortunately I do have responsibilities." You say, untangling your limbs from his and standing up.
"Goddamn responsibilities." He groans, trying to pull you back down.
"I'll be back up later. I'll bring you dinner." you reluctantly pry yourself away from him.
"Just can't keep away, can you." He smiled affectionately up at you.
"Wouldn't even if I could." You grinned back, tenderly kissing his forehead.
You exited the room and closed the door softly behind you.
Food.
Before you did anything remotely productive you were going to eat.

--- So i'm at a sleepover and it's 2:38 am i'm kinda tired but i was determined to update now so i'm sorry if this didn't make sense or was rushed or confusing, just go with it
sorry also if this was a bit distressing, if anyone wants to talk im here for you x
Please comment i love to read them <3
Love you and stay safe, bye Noses :) ---

EDIT: I've edited this chapter because when I wrote this I was in a very bad place and my feelings towards certain things were very toxic and reading back through this a few years later I've come to realise that it's not the best edition. Sorry the chapter is now so short and kinda disjointed but I hope you still enjoy xx