29

Before you stood a lake.
But it wasn't like any lake you'd seen before, it looked like it had jumped straight from the pages of a beautiful fairy tale.
The rays of sun fought through the branches with glowing fingers, prising apart the rustic clouds; spilling over like paint through the clearing.
The water was crystal clear, shimmering and shining with a perfect stillness, daring someone to disturb it.
"How did you find this place?" You ask in awe, brushing your finger tips lightly over one of petals from the huge purple flowers that bloomed at the waters edge.
"I was just walking around the forest one day, not looking where I was going and just stumbled upon this." He shrugged, then added: "You like it, don't you?"
Instead of answering you turned your head so he could see the look of wonder still painted on your features.
He smiled.

"Want to swim?"
You nodded.
In one swift motion he drew his top over his head and slipped out of his shoes, walking over to the water he waded in until half his body was submerged.
"You coming?" He asked, moving his hands around in the water causing it to ripple and distort the beams of light being reflected.
You turned away from him and began to shimmy out of your shorts and peel off your shirt.
Changing facing him felt slightly too intimate.

After folding your clothes and putting them side by side with your towel you walked toward the water; dipping your foot in you found it surprisingly cool. Lowering yourself fully into it you let out a sigh of content, glad have the clear water lapping at your overheated skin. Shaking your hair from your ponytail you ducked under the water, coming up moments later grinning.
Newt grinned back.
The scars on his chest were fading a little, the bruises were almost all gone save for a few by his shoulder. Wading over to him you enveloped him in a hug; closing your eyes and feeling Newt's chest against yours, his arms around you, the cool water soothing your skin; washing away the dirt.
"It's lovely here." You whispered. You whispered because you felt that if you dared speak to loudly the spell would break and this perfect little secret would dissolve into nothing more than the swirling sand that danced under the water when you moved your feet.
"Yeah," you felt his throat vibrate lightly against your cheek as he spoke "Would be a shame if someone, disturbed the peace."
You could hear the smirk in his voice.
"Now that, would be a royal shame," you grinned, withdrawing from his arms you sent a wave of water splashing toward his face; He turned away at the last moment so that it only hit half his head. Newt's floppy blonde hair clung to his temples as he splashed you back; you ducked under the water to avoid the water.

An idea struck you.
Grinning and still underwater you swam towards Newt, grabbed his legs and pulled. He came crashing down into the water, flopping and sending a huge wave of water across the lake.
You surfaced laughing as Newt came swimming to the surface, spluttering.
"You little shank!" He yelled. He sounded angry but he was grinning; before you could utter a syllable he picked you up and threw you over his shoulder.
"Newt!" You squealed as he waded to the waters edge, getting onto his knees and setting you carefully on the ground.

The short grass tickled your skin as Newt slid up your body, lightly moving your wet hair off your shoulder as he kissed your forehead.
Rolling off you he lay next to you, entwining your fingers.
Lying side by side looking up at the sky hand in hand with the boy you loved, your feet still in the water, you smiled.
A warm mid summer breeze blew gently around your wet bodies, ruffling your hair. Fingers absentmindedly fiddling with daises growing at your side you spoke "I am in love with you."
That was the first time you'd said it like that, you'd told him you loved him but you never said that you were in love with him.
Newt brought your fingers up to his face and kissed the back of your hand "And I am in love with you."

---was this okay? I'm actually pretty proud of it........
You guys are cute okay don't argue with me on this bc you're cute. x
you are a gift in someones life, mine, so don't ever think that you're not. x
Your comments are amazinggggg i live for them so please comment <3
HOLY HELL 20K READS IM DYING RIGHT NOW!
Love you all so much and please try to stay as safe as possible, bye Noses :) --