Babysitting

Request from shit_happens_mate

We're back to the dumb device who refuses to tag people I'm sorry 😔

Anakin shuddered as he climbed off of the ramp of the ship. He folded his little hands in front of himself as he walked with Master Obi-Wan up the stairs of the Jedi temple.

"Who is that?" he asked quietly, pointing to a figure who was exiting another ship nearby. Obi-Wan turned in the direction of Anakin's outstretched arm, slightly concerned by his frightened look.

"That is Master Plo Koon. Many of the Padawans are a bit afraid of his appearance at first too, but he's very kind. I promise," Obi-Wan replied. He took Anakin's hand, gesturing for the boy to walk with him to meet the Kel Dor.

Anakin's uncertain expression faded as he got a feel for Master Plo's force signature. Though, he quickly noticed, that there was another signature along with him.

"And who might this be?" Obi-Wan asked, leaning forward to take a look at the small Togruta who had fallen asleep in Plo's arms.

"Ahh, this is Ahsoka Tano. We've just rescued her from Shili. She's been through a lot in these past few days," Master Plo explained, gazing fondly down at the little girl.

"Nice to meet you, Ahsoka," Obi-Wan whispered warmly as she blinked her eyes drowsily. She offered the tiniest sliver of a smile before curling up into Master Plo once more. A loud beeping noise interrupted the moment, causing Obi-Wan and Plo to both look down at their comms.

"Oh, we've got to get inside," Obi-Wan stated, referring to himself and Master Plo.

"Would you mind watching little 'Soka while we're in there?" Plo asked, kneeling down to come face to face with Anakin. "We'll only be a few minutes."

Anakin looked up at Obi-Wan nervously. He nodded his head encouragingly.

"Um... alright," he replied, reaching his short arms outward. 

"Thank you," Plo responded, placing Ahsoka in his hold. Obi-Wan smiled before jogging off up the stairs with Master Plo.

"Hi... Ahsoka," Anakin began, bouncing her a little bit as he tried to shift her into a more comfortable position. He walked the two of them over to the stairs, plopping down on a step close to the top.

"Hi," she greeted back, yawning. "Ko e'sa name?"

Anakin gulped, realizing that she probably spoke little to no basic. 'Name' was the only word he recognized.

"My name is Anakin Skywalker," he replied, hoping that had been what she was asking. She giggled, curling inward. "What's so funny?!"

"Skywalker e'a... e'a..." she struggled to think of the right works as her face scrunched in frustration, "e'a... funny name," she finally finished, poking Anakin in the chest.

"That's not very nice," he responded, his mouth twisting into a grin as he sat her up on his lap. She giggled, reaching up for his hair.

"Soft," she said, yanking on it.

"Ow!" Anakin yelped. "What was that for?!"

"Nagh felt!" she shouted defiantly, pulling herself back with so much force that she nearly tumbled down the staircase. Anakin caught her quickly.

"Careful, careful," he cooed, pulling her back up. "You're feisty, aren't you?"

She crossed her arms, looking down in shame.

"Did I scare you when I yelled? I'm sorry," he said quickly, patting her hand. She shook her head.

"Sorry, Anakin. Nagh felt," she repeated quietly, gently tapping her own head, and then pointing to Anakin's.

He nodded, excited that he understood what she was trying to say. He held her little hand in his own, and lifted it to his head. She had never felt hair before.

"Gentle," he said, helping her to pat his sandy blond hair softly. She gasped excitedly when he let her pet it on her own. "Hair," he stated, hoping that he was teaching her something.

"Soft!" she giggled. "Here." She took his hand and patted her lekku with it. "Gentle," she repeated sarcastically.

"Hey, don't get snippy with me," Anakin laughed, playfully tapping her nose, resulting in another fit of giggles.

"Lekku," she explained.

"I see," he replied with a smile, placing his hand back down at his side.

"How did you two get along?" boomed Master Plo's voice as him and Obi-Wan sauntered down the stairs.

"Anakin e'du... e'du... friend!" Ahsoka exclaimed as Master Plo lifted her into his arms. "Hair!" she yelled excitedly, pointing at Obi-Wan's head.

"Yes, indeed," Obi-Wan replied with a slightly confused smile.

"Soft," she whispered as the adults conversed with one another. "Bye!" she called as the two pairs parted ways.

"Did you teach her about hair, Anakin?" Obi-Wan asked as they began to walk.

"Yes, Master."

"Good job," Obi-Wan chuckled. "You'll make a fine teacher some day."

I rewatched the siege of mandalore yesterday because I don't love myself

It hurt

A lot

Also I  just started school again and I would like to not.

So my day was great how bout you?!

Also I just realized that Anakin and Ahsoka would've come to the temple at roughly the same time and now I'm soft again 🥺

Leave ideas if ya want and have a great day!