Celebration

HAPPY MAY THE FOURTH YOU GUYS!!!!!! 

Im in wayyy too many fandoms, but I think it's so cool that one of has an ACTUAL HOLIDAY TO CELEBRATE HOW COOL IT IS! Then again, I've had a very hard time celebrating since I had to stay off of social media today bc i couldn't watch bad batch until tonight. At the time that I am writing this, I have still not seen it. When I finish, I'm going to go do my lil spoiler review below!

predictions: rex wont be in this ep, I HEARD RUMORS ABOUT BABY CALEB LAST NIGHT AND IT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT SO pLEASE CAN HE BE IN IT??? (yall dont understand- after snips and skyguy, kanan and just kanera as a whole is E V E R Y T H I N G to me)

Anakin Skywalker did not know when his birthday was.

He never had, and likely never would.

Slaves didn't get birthdays, and his mother never had a calendar to mark the days so... he would never know.

Ahsoka Tano knew her birthday. At the temple, birthdays were always a big deal- at least to a Jedi, they were. While they weren't allowed to receive more than a few possessions as gifts, the natural gifts that were given to them by their fellow Jedi were always special.

A leaf from the top of the tallest tree.

A flower from within a garden of poisonous weeds.

The skin or meat from a wild animal.

Of course, leaves went dry, flowers died, and meat began to rot. The purpose of those gifts was to show to the person receiving them that they were worth the effort and difficulty of retrieving them in the first place.

Ahsoka was just about two years into her apprenticeship under Anakin Skywalker when it suddenly dawned on her that they had never celebrated his birthday.

She was unsure of why it had taken her so long to notice, and why he had never brought it up. Perhaps it was another one of those things that he refused to acknowledge or speak with her about.

They had grown close in their time together, however, and she was no longer afraid of asking him questions that might carry such a weight to them.

So, one night as they were sitting down for dinner at their little table in their shared quarters (the day before her own birthday, funnily enough), she took a deep breath and inquired,

"So... why have we never celebrated your birthday, Master?"

Surprisingly, he didn't seem offended at all- just confused. His head cocked to the side, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"I- uh... I don't know when it is," he said, his tone casual and nonchalant.

"Why do you look so confused?" she continued, tearing apart a piece of meat with her sharp fingernails. She remembered the way that Anakin had stared at her in shock the first time she'd done that. He was more used to her togrutan tendencies now, and never really acknowledged them unless he was making fun of her.

"No one's ever asked about it before." He gave a small laugh and cut into his own food with his utensils. "Always so observant, aren't you, Snips?"

She tried to force a laugh out through her frown at his response.

"Yeah... yeah, I guess so."

--------------------------------

"Snips!" came Anakin's excited whisper as he rocked her back and forth on her cot. "Ahsoka, wake up! It's your birthday!"

"No," she grumbled, blinking blearily up at him. He laughed.

"I know you don't want to get out of bed, but I wanted to make breakfast for you and I need to know what you want."

"I wasn't saying 'no' to getting up," she grunted as she sat up, rubbing one of her montrals. "I was say 'no' about it being my birthday."

"Huh? Did I get the date wrong? Aw, man... can't even remember my own padawan's birthday," he sighed. "I'm sorry- what are you smiling about?"

"It's not my birthday- it's yours."

"What?"

"Well, it is my birthday, but I've decided that what I want it to celebrate you instead. You've never gotten a birthday, so I thought we could just share mine," she explained as she hopped out of bed.

She nearly laughed at Anakin's dumbfounded expression when she turned back around to face him.

"W- what?"

"Happy Birthday, Anakin," she said with a grin, grabbing him by the hand and pulling him out the door. "Last night, after our conversation I snuck out- oh, come on, you can't get mad at me for that! You sneak out almost every night!" She guided him out of their quarters. "Anyways, I told Obi-Wan, and he talked to the council, and we're all celebrating your birthday today."

"You and Obi-Wan," he swallowed as they arrived at the council room, looking down at his Padawan with shock in his eyes, "went through all this trouble... for me?"

Ahsoka smiled up at him, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Of course."

Ahsoka had never quite seen her master as happy as she did that day. She wished she could freeze the surprised, yet incredibly soft, expression he wore when Obi-Wan wrapped him in a hug the moment they entered the council room in her brain forever. His eyes squeezed shut as happy tears trailed from them, his mouth turned up in the most genuine smile she'd ever seen on him...

It was perfect.

The whole day was perfect, in fact. Everyone brought him gifts that he tucked away into his pockets with a half-confused-half-adoring expression on his face. His eyes would always flick to Ahsoka, as if he constantly needed to ask permission before taking the gifts that had been meant for her, and she was always ready with a thumbs up to tell him "It's yours."

That night as they arrived back in their quarters, Ahsoka could hardly get through the door before she was being suffocated by a tight embrace- just strong enough to feel loved, but not too tight that it hurt. Anakin always gave the best hugs.

She giggled and squeezed her arms around him.

"I don't deserve you, my Padawan," he whispered, tugging playfully on her silka beads.

"You deserve the whole galaxy, Master."

i know that anakin did bad things and blah blah blah but he's still just so kind and loving and soft when people he loves arent at risk and he's my favorite so YES. that man deserves the world imo.

okayyyy spoilers for bad batch below!!!

OH MY GOSH BABY CALEB BABY CALEB BABY CALEBBBBSEFNADOJNFOADNFLJZDNCLJLJCNA

YALL I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND I FELL OFF OF MY COUCH IM POSTING THE VID TOMORROW I THINK I LITERALLY DIEDDD

IM OBSESSED WITH OMEGA AND HE RELATIONSHIP WKTH HUNTER IM SO SOFT AND SHES LITERALLY ADORABLE I LOVE HER SO MUCH

I WAS SO SCARED THAT WE WERE GONNA SEE LUX ON ONDERON AND MY FRIEND WAS MAKING FUN OF ME THE WHOLE TIME

HELP