Ship Jumping

Ahsoka was sitting on the floor, her head leaning on her master's legs after he had beaten her over to the last seat on the couch. Fives was in the center of the room, doing an odd monkey crawl across the room. 

Anakin, Ahsoka, Fives, Echo, Jesse, and Rex had been playing charades together for the past hour.

"OOH! I've got it!" Ahsoka yelled suddenly. "You're a walker!"

"Yes!" Fives whooped. "Here, take a five from Fives!" he said, high fiving her.

"Fives, you've said that every  time that someone's correctly guessed. It isn't funny," Echo sighed.

Fives rolled his eyes and sat down. 

Anakin bounced his leg impatiently as he waited for Ahsoka to begin acting. He had something really exciting planned after she was finished. He had finally decided that she was old enough to go ship jumping with him.

He had first gone ship jumping when he was on a mission. Though it was extremely dangerous, he had done it numerous times with some of the clones, just for fun. He had brought Obi-Wan along with him once, but he had only shaken his head disapprovingly and gone back inside.

After Rex had guessed what Ahsoka was acting out (Anakin crash landing a ship), Anakin stood up and clapped his hands.

"Alright, boys, it's time to let Snips, here, in on our secret tradition," he said, wrapping his arm around Ahsoka. Ahsoka's eyes went wide.

"You guys are gonna let me go ship jumping with you!?" she exclaimed.

"Yes, we are! I'm confident in your abilities, and I think you're old enough now. Besides, I'm a great  teacher, so I'm sure that you'll do well." 

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Let's go!" Fives cheered. They raced to Anakin's quarters and out onto his balcony. 

"Race you all to that building!" Jesse yelled over the noise of the ships. Him, Rex, Fives, and Echo lined up and began hopping from ship to ship.

"Ladies first!" Anakin called, helping Ahsoka up onto the balcony railing.

"Let's go together!"

"You're just saying that because you're scared!"

"No, I wanna race you! Really afraid of competition against someone who's never done this before?!"

"Alright, you're on! Don't fall too far behind!"

They hopped onto the same yellow ship at the same time. Anakin jumped onto a blue one, then a red one, and so on, until he was about halfway across the distance.

Ahsoka quickly followed behind her master, knowing that if she slowed down she could get separated from her group. She learned quickly that ship jumping required a lot  of speed. She saw Anakin jumping just a few ships ahead of her, and made a plan in her head. Skip over the next lane, and you'll catch up to him.

Anakin looked at Ahsoka in surprise as she landed right next to him. In his moment of surprise, she jumped over to the building, beating Anakin by a few seconds. The clones whooped and cheered for her, laughing as Anakin arrived.

"Beat ya, Skyguy!" she said, smiling brightly.

"Yeah, but can you do this?!" he yelled, throwing himself off the building and flipping through the air until he landed on a ship about halfway across the next gap. He performed the trick again and landed on the next building.

He watched from a distance as Ahsoka mimicked his movements and landed shakily on a ship in the center. Without saving time to regain her balance, she tried it again, only she wasn't focused enough.

"No!" Anakin screamed as her foot collided with the wing of a ship and sent her flying down at top speed. Without hesitation, he dove down after her, quickly spotting her, passed out on top of a green ship.

He landed on top of the ship with her, picked her up, and continued jumping back up until they were back on top of the building with the clones.

"What's the matter with her?" Rex asked, as Anakin gently laid her down on the roof. Anakin shook his head.

Ahsoka's eyes fluttered open, and she sat up abruptly, immediately wincing in pain and lying back down.

"Ouch," she said, looking down at her bloodied foot. Anakin's eyes widened, realizing how bad the damage was. He scooped her up in his arms and began jumping across ships until he landed back on his balcony.

"We're gonna have to fix that foot of yours."

"Nooo! Master, I'm fine! I can walk on my own! Put me down!" she protested, trying to break free of his grasp.

"Snips, your foot is broken. You would do about as well walking as you did trying to jump over half a highway of ships.

Ahsoka scoffed.

Anakin laid her down on his bed.

"Where are you going?" she asked as he jogged over to his door.

"Getting some ice," he replied. "Obi-Wan always keeps some in his quarters in case of accidents like this."

"You mean, in case you dare your padawan to do something stupid."

"No, it's in case she actually does it," he answered, smirking as he left the room. 

The clones arrived on the balcony and entered the room, all with looks of concern on their faces when they saw Ahsoka.

"Commander, are you alright?" Fives asked. Ahsoka nodded.

"I am. I think Anakin's being a bit paranoid. I'm sure that I can walk just fine," she stated, ignoring the throbbing pain in her head and left ankle.

She sat up and squeezed her eyes shut to keep her from wincing. She put pressure on her right foot. Slowly, she lowered her left foot to the ground. The moment she went to take a step, she instantly regretted it.

Snap! 

If her ankle hadn't been broken before, it sure was now.

Rex and Fives both lunged forward to catch her, just as Anakin strode into his room.

"Ahsoka Tano, get back in bed, NOW," he said sternly, helping her lie down again.

"Ankle.... definitely.... broken," she managed, clenching her jaw tightly.

"Yeah, no kidding. You tripped over a flying spaceship," Anakin retorted, setting the ice pack down on her foot.

"General Skywalker, shouldn't we bring her down to the infirmary?" Rex questioned. 

"No!" Ahsoka and Anakin said in unison.

"Why not?" Rex asked, a look of confusion covering his face.

"Well, Ahsoka and I kind of made a deal to not go down there if one of us gets hurt doing something that we weren't supposed to be doing."

"That's ridiculous," Echo muttered.

"But it's worth it," Ahsoka yawned.

"Alright, boys, we'd better clear out," Rex stated. "Good night, General, Commander."

The other clones nodded their heads respectfully before exiting. 

"Master, aren't you going to need your bed?"

"That's alright. I was planning on spending the night... you know where," he whispered. Ahsoka smirked.

"Say hi for me," she said, yawning again. Anakin nodded, smiling.

"I'll be sure to. Call me if you need anything. I'll keep my comms on," he said, making his way over to the door.

"Goodnight, Master."

"Goodnight, Snips."

Comment ideas for future one shots if ya want to!