Zygerria

aaaaand the headcanon of the week is: the zygerria one

this arc does not get enough appreciation and it angers me but it also angers me that there was no hurt comfort afterwards cuz of how traumatizing it wouldve been... like what??

(it being on of my favs has absolutely nothing to do with rex in zygerrian armor why would you even say that-)

(yes it does 😏)

"Master," Ahsoka began as they exited the council room.

Anakin flinched.

"Er... you're doing it again."

"Doing what again?" he asked, mild annoyance clear in his voice. Ahsoka, who usually didn't mind playfully arguing with Anakin when he got all moody with her, cowered away from him. She didn't have the energy to tease after the mission they'd just reported to the council about.

"You're... all tense," she said quietly. "Like you were when you were talking to the council."

She knocked their hands together as they walked to his quarters, and his fists instantly uncurled, some of his tension disappearing.

"I'm sorry," he said in a much softer voice. "I'm not mad at you."

"Oh."

They took a few more steps on their walk to Anakin's quarters before she had the courage to ask,

"Who are you mad at?"

Anakin sighed.

The slavers.

The council.

Everyone.

Myself.

"Ahsoka, I'm-"

"No," she interrupted, her voice firm. "Don't say it again- that you're sorry."

He keyed in his passcode before speaking again.

"You still haven't forgiven me."

"There's nothing to forgive you for!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. Anakin entered his quarters after her, his fists clenched once again as he crossed his arms over his chest, leaning up against the wall.

All it takes is Ahsoka's gentle touch to his arm for him to relax- for him to focus on this moment. He's with Ahsoka.

And she's okay.

"It wasn't your fault, Anakin. I would've told you if I wasn't comfortable with my role," she whispered, mimicking his stance and leaning next to him against the wall.

He almost laughs at that blatant lie.

"No you wouldn't."

She glared into the floor.

He's right.

"But it was still my choice to go along with it."

"Snips," he said softly, closing his eyes, "I need you to understand that what the council asked of you on this mission... it was nothing short of disgusting."

She swallowed hard, her neck aching as the unhealed wounds from the shock collar were stretched slightly from the action.

She could deal with those scars later- along with the burns on her legs from the heat of the metal cage under the sun... and the scrapes on her lekku from the way that the headpiece she'd worn had scratched her up.

All of those seemed non-existent in comparison to the way that she had felt in that outfit, being shown off as a slave.

She was unsure if those scars would ever heal.

"The same goes for you," she whispered.

"What?" he asked, his head whipping to the side to look at her, his eyes wide in... was that betrayal?

"I... I know about your past," she continued, careful not to mention who she had heard about it from (though she assumed from the hurt expression on his face, he already knew who had revealed his secret to her.)

"Who...?"

"It doesn't matter. What does matter is that you've been blaming yourself for a situation that was out of your control."

He blinked down at the floor, and Ahsoka could see the tears brimming in his eyes.

"But-"

"Stop."

He finally met her gaze, and the reality of the situation finally hit her when a tear trickled down his cheek- she had made Anakin cry.

So what else was she supposed to do other than close the distance between them in the tightest hug she could manage with her little arms around his broad shoulders?

"You're always checking up on everyone else. When was the last time someone made sure that you were okay?" she said, her voice muffled as she pressed her face against his shoulder.

He didn't answer her with words- he just returned the embrace, his entire body shaking.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"I know."

i dont even know how to tell u guys who helped me out with the youtube thing yesterday how grateful i am like.... AHHH YALL ARE LITERALLY THE BEST AND ILYSM THANK YOU <3 in conclusion: internet friends are just superior in every way