"It's Been Awhile"

"Ani, are you ready to go?" Padme asked softly, gently placing her hand on her husband's shoulder.

He shook his head, clenching his fists tightly, trying to force the tears to stay in. Though he was no longer a Jedi, he still found himself falling into his old habits of keeping his emotions under wraps.

Today marked the seventh anniversary of the day that he had lost his dear Padawan. She had been executed just moments before he had found the true culprit of the bombing of the Jedi temple. Today was also the seventh anniversary of the day that Anakin had left the order. He loathed them for what they had done to Ahsoka.

Each year, on this day, Padme, Anakin, Luke, and Leia had put on their best clothes and gone to visit her grave. 

Last year, Luke and Leia had both been sick. Not wanting Anakin to be alone, Padme had allowed Korkie Kenobi to come and watch them, while she, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Satine had gone to visit Ahsoka.

Snow was falling lightly as the family exited their home, and boarded their ship. The six-year-old twins knew to keep quiet. It was rare for their father to remain silent for a whole ride, leading them to believe that it must be important for them to do the same.

Once they arrived at the place where she had been buried, the Skywalkers found a small group of people gathered around her gravestone. It was just them, the Kenobi's, and Lux Bonteri.

They all stood together in silence. Satine wrapped an arm around her husband as he closed his eyes in misery.

Lux whispered a few words, placing his hand on the cold stone, before walking away, nodding politely at the Skywalkers, and flying off in his ship.

"Mama, I'm cold," Luke said, after a few minutes of silence, tugging at Padme's sleeve.

"Let's get back to the ship," she said in response, taking both Luke and Leia's hands and walking off with them. 

Satine and Korkie smiled sadly at Anakin before walking away, leaving just Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Anakin knelt down, resting his forehead on the stone, breaking down in utter desolation. Obi-Wan remained standing, comfortingly placing his hand on his old student's left shoulder.

Just as the tears began to fall, he felt another hand on his right shoulder. He turned his head, tears streaming down his face, expecting to see that Padme had come back.

He nearly collapsed when he realized who he was looking at. His eyes went wide, and a shocked, disbelieving, and overjoyed smile took over his face as the person kneeled down next to him.

"Hey there, Skyguy... it's been awhile."

A/N just realized that i didn't specify that she's a force ghost but... she is lol