Togruti

winning headcanon for this week! also i literally have no recollection of writing half of the last chapter? like i remember posting it while i was half asleep but i don't remember writing it AT ALL cuz i was very very sleep deprived lmao

this chapter is a lil weird. it's gonna be like three different instances where the prompt happens instead of one consecutive story like usual.

"Hey, if I crash the ship again, are you going to call me a dumba?" Anakin asked with a smirk. Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"You're still saying it wrong. You'd think you'd have gotten it by now with the amount of times that I've had to call you that, but nooo," she sang, pulling open a bag of dried fruit from a cabinet beside her seat.

"You could just say it in basic and call me a dumbass," Anakin suggested. "That way us normal people could understand you."

"Um, excuse you!" she laughed through a mouthful of food. "I'm a togruta! It's not like I'm a kriffing battle droid, or something!"

"Yeah, yeah. It's just funny when you get all togrutan on me and start shouting things like 'dunja' and 'svhau'."

"Dunga," she corrected with a sigh. "It isn't hard, Master."

"Whatever," he chuckled.

***

She was at it again- yelling her loud sentiments into the air as she lost the arm wrestling competition to Jesse.

"Mi am ke svhau yeh!" she screamed as the trooper playfully punched her shoulder. Anakin quickly steered her away from him with an,

"Okay. Someone needs to calm down."

"What'd she say, Sir?" Fives asked excitedly as he walked alongside them.

"He doesn't know," Ahsoka grumbled. "He's too dumb for togruti."

"She said she was gonna kill him," Anakin replied casually, ignoring his Padawan's gasp as she looked up at him.

"You- you understood that?" she stammered, her eyes going wide. "How much do you-"

"I know enough," he answered smugly as Fives laughed and walked off to go tell his brothers. "Like all those times that you curse the crap out of me? I know exactly what you're saying."

Her eyes were as big as saucers.

"Oh."

"You talk in togruti a lot. Why are you surprised that I've remembered some?"

***

"E' mjet yehsa," he says softly as he pets down her lekku. "It's okay."

She just sniffs again, burying her head in his shoulder as the bodies are dragged from the field.

"Nah yihl," he continues, squeezing her shaking shoulders. He's telling her not to cry, but she can't help it. Not when it's her fault that their men are dead.

"Nit e' not," he reassures her, reading her thoughts. She just cries harder.

He whispers togruti blessings in her montrals, familiar ones from when she was little and her father figure was her actual dad, not the man who was holding her in his arms right now, drying up her tears with the fabric of his robes.

He doesn't quite have the accent down, and his pronunciation is a bit rough, but it's clear that he's been practicing a lot for a moment like this.

She can feel the thought, the care, and the love that rests behind his soothing words.

And that's enough.

WE RANTING ABOUT TFATWS BELOW FULL SPOILERS

SAM WILSON IS TIED WITH BUCKY AND LOKI AS MY FAVORITE MCU CHARACTER I LOVE THATMANNNNNNN

HE LOOKED LIKE A FRICKEN ANGEL IN THE SUIT WHEN HE WAS CARRYING KARLI

AND OH MY GOEH KARLI GIRL I LOVED YOU BUT YOU HAD THAT COMING SORRYYYY IMA MISS YOU SO MUCH

DOMESTIC BUCKY IS LOVE, DOMESTIC BUCKY IS LIFE

SHARONNNNNNNN (WE ALL SAW IT COMING BUT G I R L-)

Snips and Skyguy One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara