She Could

Okie request from Hazelfraser25 that i am writing instead of studying for my test bc star wars is more interesting than gov :)

(also, y'all remember that test i had to take a break to study for? yeah... i got 21/40...)

OH WELL!

for this chapter, we're pretending that soka got back from mandalore a bit earlier

"It's not the Jedi way! He must live!" Anakin shouted, begging, pleading for Master Windu to listen. He had dealt with enough loss- he wasn't going to lose anybody else.

Not Padme.

Not his unborn child.

"Please, don't!" Sidious managed, his face a sickeningly pale gray. Anakin swallowed hard.

"I need him!" he yelled, tears brimming in his eyes as Windu lifted his saber.

"Please, don't!"

Anakin lifted his saber, ready to face the consequences of his next action. It was either the Jedi Order, or Padme.

He would always choose her.

There was nothing that could stop him now, nothing that could change his mind.

No one that could change his mind.

"ANAKIN, NO!!" a shrill voice shrieked from behind him.

Anakin froze.

She could.

And Sidious knew that too. His lightning turned towards Ahsoka, the bolts striking her in the chest with such a force that she toppled onto her back, screaming and writhing in pain.

"NO!!!" Anakin roared, abandoning his former plan of killing Windu, and making wild dive to the ground, guarding Ahsoka with his blue blade.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" he screamed. Ahsoka stumbled to her feet, weakly lifting a blade of her own to help hold off the Sith lord.

Windu made eye contact with her.

She nodded meekly.

He plunged his saber into the old man's chest.

"NOOO!!!" Anakin cried, lunging forward at Windu, but Ahsoka was quick in wrapping her arms around his stomach, easing him to the ground as Windu sheathed his saber. She propped him up against her, sitting on her knees so he could lay against her lap, the back of his head resting on her stomach.

"Hey, hey," she shushed, covering his eyes with one hand. She used the other to comb her fingers through his hair. "Everything will be alright, you kriffing dumbass."

She reached down to hold one of his hands, keeping one palm over his eyes to shield him from the triggering sight of Sidious's body. He gripped her fingers so tightly as he shook with fear that she was afraid he would break them.

Master Windu knelt beside them, laying a hand on Anakin's shoulder.

"I mean no disrespect, Master, but I think it might be best for him if you left," Ahsoka whispered. Windu nodded, and rose back to his feet.

"Thank you... Ahsoka," he said, nodding his head to her.

"I just did my duty as a citizen," she muttered.

"No..." he continued quietly. "You did your duty as an ally to this order."

Ahsoka nodded, the hint of a smile on her lips, and Windu left the two of them alone.

"Anakin?" she asked softly, trying her best not to squirm as he crushed her hand in a death grip. "Anakin... I'm going to uncover your eyes now, okay?"

He didn't respond.

She peeled her now-damp hand away from his eyes, wiping it off on the bottom of her skirt. Her fingers rethreaded into his hair. His eyes were wide as he hiccuped in the aftermath of his sobs.

"I've got you," she said, leaning down to rest her cheek against the top of his head. He closed his eyes, two tears falling from his eyelashes and trailing down his cheeks.

Ahsoka untangled her hand from his curls to gently wipe them away.

"Ahsoka," he began, his voice raspy, his throat tight.

"I'm here." She lifted her head off of his so she could look down down at him.

"You saved my life."

"You've saved mine plenty of times."

He shook his head.

"This was bigger than shielding you during a battle, or something," he muttered.

He breathed deeply, his grip on her hand loosening significantly.

"I almost turned," he admitted softly.

"Almost," Ahsoka emphasized. "Focus on the here and now, Master."

The corners of his mouth turned up in the tiniest of smiles.

"Am I the Padawan now then, Snips?"

"Well, I'm certainly the more responsible one," she answered, brushing another tear from his face with her thumb.

"I think you always have been," he whispered, placing his hand over hers on his cheek. He rubbed his thumb back and forth across her knuckles. "Thank you for saving me... for saving my wife and my child."

"I knew it," she chuckled with a grin. "And congratulations... I'm glad I could help your family."

"You are my family."

Ahsoka stilled before tentatively laying her cheek back down on top of his head again.

"And you're mine."

"and family is forever" (if ya know, ya know)

wandavision spoilers (i'm hurt)

SCARLET WITCH COSTUME IS THE COOLEST THING EVER IM STRAIGHT AND EVEN I THOUGHT THAT WAS HOT

MONICA RAMBEAU IS SO FREAKING COOL AND I HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I THOUGHT SHE AND BILLY DIED

the goodbye scene- i'm not able to handle or process that yet but when vision said "i just wanted to see you clearly" I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF KANERA (REBELS SPOILERS) BECAUSE BECAUSE BECAUSE OF WHEN HE GETS HIS EYESIGHT BACK BEFORE HE DIES QJXLAKDNHWJAHDJW

"we'll say hello again" MY HEARTTT

BUT TFATWS IS TWO WEEKS AWAY AND IT'S ALREADY MY FAVORITE MARVEL SHOW JUST FROM THE TRAILER AND TV SPOTS

K WAIT I HAD TO COME BACK AND EDIT THIS REVIEW THING CUZ I FORGOT TO MENTION SOMETHING:

"have fun in prison" is up there for one of my favorite mcu lines

and darcy lewis is my spirit animal