Hospital

request from CAW15020

"Halls of Healing," Obi-Wan said, not a word of context given to him by his former padawan as he raced over to him the moment he was off of his ship, eyes frantic.

"Thank you."

He tore through the corridor, his only thought the destination in his mind.

If only he had been there when it happened.

Obi-Wan, Rex, and Padmé's voices echoed in his head, telling him that he could not have known, that no one could have.

It had been an accident.

A fairly common accident at that. The healers were used to fixing up burns when the Jedi's weapon of choice was hot enough to cut through pure durasteel.

"Hey, Master," she greeted, waving with the arm that was not currently bandaged.

"Hey, how are you doing?" he asked softly, sitting down next to her when she scooted over to the side to make room for him.

"Pretty good. Master Secura snuck me out a couple of times to get some real food," she said, trying not to laugh at Anakin's offended expression.

"I thought I was the one who breaks the rules with you!" he exclaimed, breaking character when she turned her head into his shoulder to muffle her laughter.

"You weren't here," she reminded him, resting her chin on his bicep to look up at his face.

"And I'm sorry for that."

"It's not your fault. I was sparring. It could have happened to anyone."

He flexed his prosthetic hand, raising it up to tap her on the nose. She scrunched her face, giggling.

"Yeah, I know."

She smiled.

"But I'm here now, and that's what matters."

"Yeah," she sighed, wrapping her arm around his broad shoulders as best as she could, "That's all that matters."

i'm so tired 🥲