Best Friends

"Hey, Snips! Mind if I come in?" Anakin's fist knocked on the door to his Padawan's bedroom gently. Ahsoka's footsteps echoed through her room as she padded across the floor. The knob turned and she greeted her friend with a smile.

"What's up?" she asked, gesturing for him to enter. She plopped down on her bed, and Anakin followed, sitting on the foot of it.

"Well, I was just surfing the holo-web today, and I got an ad for something interesting. It was a quiz sort of thing. Basically, you're supposed to complete it with your best friend to see how well you know each other," he explained. Ahsoka's eyes widened in realization.

"I'm your best friend?!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Well, Obi-Wan wasn't home," Anakin mumbled, earning a playful punch and a sarcastic eye roll from his student.

"Haha, very funny, Skyguy."

"I'm just kidding; you're both like siblings to me. Anyways, you wanna answer it with me?" he questioned, waving his device in front of her face. Ahsoka nodded enthusiastically.

"Let's do it."

They moved over so that they were both leaning up against Ahsoka's head board, heads craned forward to read the questions.

1. How did we meet?

"Easy. I was assigned to you during the Battle of Christophsis, and you were upset because you didn't want a Padawan," Ahsoka responded instantly. She made to swipe to the next question, but Anakin grabbed her hand before she could.

"You do know that I'm glad to have you as a Padawan now, right?" 

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't you want me as an apprentice?" she said cockily. Anakin rolled his eyes.

"Just tryna be nice," he muttered.

2. Give each other a nickname, and explain your reasons for that nickname.

"Your name is Snips because you're a snippy little brat sometimes," Anakin joked. Ahsoka shook her head, smirking.

"An your name is Skyguy because you have a funny last name that I wanted to make fun of."

"Hey!"

3. Describe each other in one word.

They answered in unison.

"Reckless."

"Sarcastic."

4. What was your first impression of each other.

"Bit of a let down if I'm being honest," Ahsoka mumbled, receiving a kick in the knee from her master.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Well, you were the 'famous Anakin Skywalker', for force sake. I was expecting you to be this super tough guy-"

"And what am I actually?!"

"Well... you were just... a bit... softer than I was expecting," Ahsoka said with a giggle. "Not that that's a bad thing! Just wasn't what I was expecting!"

"Yeah, well my first impression of you was an annoying little-"

"Don't say it."

"- youngling," he finished. Ahsoka hit him in the back of the head.

5. Do you still feel the same way about each other.

"Well, you're still annoying-"

"And you're still soft," Ahsoka interrupted, with a cheeky grin. 

6. Could you ever love me?

"Of course I love you! You're like my big brother!" Ahsoka answered quickly. Anakin raised his eyebrows.

"Uh... Snips. I don't think that's what the question's asking," he replied, trying his hardest not to laugh. Immediately, her eyes widened to the size of saucers, and she threw herself into a fit of fake vomiting.

"Never!" she shouted, disgusted.

"Glad we're on the same page with that," Anakin chuckled, patting her on the back.

7. If you could give me anything, what would it be?

"A swift kick in the-"

"Okay," Anakin interrupted, tilting his head and rolling his eyes.

8. What song reminds you of me?

"'Grandpa Got Run Over by a Bantha'," Ahsoka answered confidently, nodding her head. Anakin's jaw dropped as he laughed sarcastically, rolling his head back.

"Watch it," he warned.

"What? I'm just getting in the holiday spirit," she said, smiling innocently.

"And calling me old. You know, you're only five years younger than me, Ahsoka Tano. When I'm old, you'll be old too."

"I'll wear it better."

9. Have you ever wanted to tell me something that you couldn't?

Anakin tensed up, thinking of his wife. He had always wanted to tell Ahsoka, but he could never find the right time. Was it now? Should he tell her now?

"I haven't but I know that you have," she responded. "Your secret about... Padme," she lowered her voice while speaking the Senator's name, "is safe with me." She smirked at Anakin's shocked expression. "I'm not stupid," she added.

10. What do you hate about each other?

"You're snippy."

"You're stupid."

"You're dramatic."

"You're a total nerd about droids."

"You're an alien."

"You break all the rules."

"You broke my droid parts."

"You-"

"This could go on for a while," Anakin interrupted. "Next question."

11. What do you love about me?

Both of them had to think for a few seconds.

"Well... you always come into my room and lay with me whenever I'm having a nightmare..." Ahsoka began. "And you secretly hold my hand whenever you can sense that I'm nervous on a mission."

"You always see the good in what seem like hopeless situations... and you make living in these quarters a little less lonely," Anakin replied softly, wrapping his arm around her.

"But, I thought that I was snippy and dramatic," she responded, smiling mischievously.

"Yeah, well the good outweighs the bad, Snips," he said, dropping a quick kiss on her forehead.

"What's next?"

"That's it! That was the last question!" 

"Sooo, am I really your best friend?" Ahsoka teased, playfully blinking up at her master, and lying her head on his shoulder.

"I think you're better than a best friend- you're my little sister," he said with a smile.

Sorry for not updating yesterday! Hope yall are having a great weekend! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!! I'll definitely be throwing in some holiday-related chapters soon :)

Have a great day! Leave ideas if ya want!