Chapter Six

Remi strolled home exhausted of having cried all day at the back of Chima's car.

She had ran into Jadesola's arm and cried until her supervisor handed the letter over to her. She read it and her legs fell weak.
She didn't even notice when Chima bent beside her and drew her in.

He whispered the words "I am so sorry, there was nothing I could do"

She started to scream and shout. She even managed to almost get away from Chima's grip to run after the bastards car.

Jade had gone back to work promising to call her after every ride she had that day.

Remi and Chima drove in silence till they got to his office.

"I don't want you to go home in this condition so just stay in the car and wait for me okay" He said to her as she looked outside the window "I need you to tell me you will be alright"

She looked towards him slowly, tears ran down her face and she tried to swallow hard.

"I will be fine"

"I love you" he said before placing a kiss on her head

She nodded as he lingered.

"I will come and check on you from time to time okay"

She managed to nod again.
She spent a full hour crying before slowly falling asleep.

"Hey you" she heard his voice say as he gripped her hand.

"Let go off me, stop, somebody help me" she yelled at the top of her voice. "Please stop"

" because you asked nicely" he said before he started leaning towards her

"What are you doing. No! " she said as she pushed back

He only leaned closer. She tried but he forced her hand away and tried to run from him, somehow he was ahead of her.

His grip tightened on her arm and the other around her waist. Their bodies were touching despite how hard she fought back.

"No!" She yelled as she woke up. Her shirt soaked with sweat even with the air condition.

She took in heavy breathes as she comforted herself with the thought of it being a dream.

There was a knock on the window. She recognized the girl knocking. It was Chima's secretary.

The girl waved excitedly like she always does whenever she saw someone she knew personally.

Remi dabbed on the chest of her shirt that was sweaty before touching her forehead. All the crying must have caused her to run a fever or something, she wasn't sure.

Another knock from the girl and she jumped.

"Oh I am sorry" she mouthed as she pulled down the window.

"It's alright. I just brought you something to eat. I am so sorry" she said

"Sure. Thank you" Remi replied her as she took the plastic bags filled with her favourite junks. 

She was yet to open it but Chima knew food cheered her up to an extent whenever she was feeling down.

"Thank you very much"

"Sure. He will be down soon"

She had eaten most of her sorrows a way in the afternoon. She cried a bit and at one point she no longer knew the main reason why she was crying anymore.

"Good evening!" She said loudly as she walked past the first shop on their street.

"Good evening, Remi, welcome. How are you?" Her moms friend yelled back

"Fine thank you ma" she replied with a sad face "sorry ehn my dear. I am so sorry"

Why was this woman sorry ? She thought as she nodded before saying "thank you"

She walked forward. She couldn't wait to fall on her bed and sleep. She collected her fathers pap on her way from the pap seller.

"Daddy good evening" she said to him as she closed the gate of their house.

He was sitting there with a letter in his hands. He looked up at her

"Good evening" he said, his voice shaking and a tear rolling down his face.

Rushing to his side, she grabs the paper he stretched towards her and read through it.

"What is all this."

"We are being sued for the land"

"What land I don't understand" Remi said "why didn't anyone call me.

"This one. The letter says there a conflict in ownership and it has been resolved in court"

"Without our presence in court"

I don't know how...."

"Why didn't anyone call me?"

" we tried your phone was off all through the day. And Chima wasn't picking up....."

She stormed into the house before he could even finish talking. She was now angry at herself for switching her phone off all day.

She got into the living room to see it filled with provisions and other items from her mothers shop.

"What happened!" She yelled in a questioning way. She was in distress.

"The landlord came to the shop and handed over my rent money to me"

"Your rent money?" Remi questioned

"All of it. From January till December"

"What?". They were in October why would he do that she thought impatiently, her eyes scanning the whole room.

"He came with boys who started packing my things out immediately" her mother said as she cried

"This cannot be happening today no. No" she said as she stomped off into her room.

"Not today she kept replying in her head as she took off her wristwatch. It was 7pm and she has never felt so weak to the bones.

"Not today was the last thing she muttered as she fell asleep.

A loud bang and her eyes were wide open and within seconds she was on her feet.

"What was that noise" she asked herself

Another bang and her brother rushed in

"Sister Remi"

...........................

Don't forget to drop your comments
Thank you for reading

I hope your year is going great so far

Don't forget to vote