Chapter 20

"I do" Remi said

"you may kiss the bride" Grandfather said looking from Tobi to Remi as silence filled the room.

He raised the veil and she looked into his eyes before he took a step forward and grabbed her face gently. He placed a kiss on her lips and broke it off shortly and everyone started to clap.

They just had three more ceremonies to do this in.

**********************************************************************************

They had a feast in the large dinning hall. Timi and Tobi sat on either sides of their grandfather as they talked about what Remi assumed was business.

She changed into a short channel vintage gown before the dinner while Tobi simply took off his suit jacket.

She received several envelopes and handed them over to a maid that Tobi's cousin, Ola had assigned to help her out.

half past midnight, they said goodbye to the last of the family members that decided to go home instead of staying over like some had decided to last minute.

She said good bye to her family and watched as Tobi had a discussion with her father alone. They toasted and joined the rest of them later on as he declared his promise to let her visit as soon as possible.

"ensure they get home safe Hassan" Remi said. Home was now a different continent. She kissed them goodbye and watched them drive off.

"we need to get you another assistant soon" Jemila said "the wedding preparations can be very stressful you see"

Its barely been 24 hours since Anu died and they were in a hurry to replace her.

"Of course aunty. Is it okay if I call you aunty" Remi asked

"hmmmm" Jemila said with a smile

"we will sort something out"

"goodnight aunty" Tobi said before opening the door to let Remi through

The drive home was quiet. They sat in the back seat looking out the windows of the car

Remi fell asleep and woke up as they drove into the drive way.

He got out of the car and held it open for her, taking her hand as she tried to step out of the car.

He was angry at her yet helped her out of the car and guided her up the stairs to their front door.

"what is mine is yours and what is yours is mine" he had said in the vow.

That included money, properties, murders, crime everything.

She had said it in front of her family and a part of her meant it.

***********************************************************************************************

They walked into the foyer and stepped into the elevator together. There was tension in the tiny box that had a frame with one of the most priceless art piece behind them.

Newly wed indeed.

"Tobi" she called as he walked out of the elevator. He stopped and waited for her to step forward.

"I am sorry" she said "and thank you for everything" she said from behind him.

He turned his head slightly but said nothing.

Remi took a step forward and he walked away.

That was it. That was the last contact she had with her new husband on their wedding night