Chapter 21

"Where are you" she read as she opened a text from a number that wasn't saved on her new phone. She had no access to the internet until the day after the wedding. She had been pre occupied with books, family history and etiquette classes as well as worry about her family and depression since her life turned upside down. 

She walked over to the envelopes she had received on the night of her first wedding ceremony sitting on her dresser.

"Tobi?" she texted

"You don't have my number saved"

"You never gave it to me?"

"Fair. Where are you?"

she dropped her phone and picked up the notes she had made regarding the family and its businesses. 

There was a knock on the door before the door came open slowly. Ife walked in with two uniform maids.

"Good Afternoon ma'am, Your meeting with grandfather has been rescheduled for this evening"

"what, why?" Remi said, she wasn't ready to meet him "what about the wedding"

Within the past few days Ife had further discussed with her the plans and the timeline that has been created to track the progress of their relationship. The wedding she was to go to seemed like an integral part of the plan despite not being aware of who's wedding it was. 

"Mr Talabi is the chair person of the wedding and according to islander rules his presence is more important than that of the bride without exaggerating "  she said kindly " for them to be honoured with the opportunity to make your relationship public, they wouldn't mind any delays"

"leave us" Remi said in a commanding tone. The two other maids walked out of the room swiftly. She could feel Ife approve of it with the smile on her face.

Remi stood up from her bed and strolled over to the window 

"how did you get your job?" Remi said as she overlooked the large property

"erhhhh" Ife said as Remi turned around to look at her. 

"I know you are not an islander"

"I am not but I have worked my way up. My mom started off as a cleaner in the estate and then at Mr Adegeshins Palace by the time I was 15 she took over the management of the palace and I started working part time at the palace at 18 then I went into the family's management program for staffs, executive assistance and guards before getting the stallion scholarship to go to university. After that I resumed assisting my mom with the palace and went on to manage  Mr Talabis residence for a year before I went to take over the family's management program till I got the call."

"who is in charge of the family management programme while you are with me" 

"I am still in charge" She said cheerfully 

"why are you so cheerful"

"Its makes each day easier to deal with" 

"I agree"

***********************************************************************************************

She chose to wear a long straight tailored black gown that stopped above her calf with a short channel jacket and heels. 

She walked into the old man's lair where he was sitting in his chair in front of his grand mahogany table. He looked up as she stepped through the double doors into the large room.