CHAPTER 31

'Miss Talabi, Please don't go in there' Remi heard Sarah say hoping she was dreaming as she began to wake up

'How dare you tell me what to do' A familiar voice yelled back before opening the door.

Remi sat up slowly rubbing her eyes gently to see who had just walked in as she patted Tobi slightly to wake him up.

She tugged at the large duvet they shared that he had buried himself under. Tobi felt annoyed since the moment he heard her voice, he had hoped he was dreaming until Remi touched him.

'Remi, good morning....I didn't mean to wake you' She said unremorseful 'but its your Hen day'

'Good morning Laila'

Tobi pulled the duvet away and sat up and Laila jumped.

'Tobi, you are here....why?' Laila said unable to hide her shock

He rubbed Remi's leg under the thick duvet as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. He held his head up. By his forehead as he tried to control himself. She was not welcomed in his house, she had never been invited. Nobody was welcomed in his house without prior notice

He pulled himself out of bed and walked past her without acknowledging her presence. She knew their relationship enough to not attempt to make him notice her.

Remi watched as the confidence Laila had washed away, her shoulder dropped as he walked by. It was clear She was intimidated by him despite being older than he was.

She stood there for a moment before jerking back to reality. Her radiant smile grew on her face as her eyes lit up when she set them on Remi.

'We are going to have so much fun....' She said as she walked towards Remi as she Climbed out of bed. 'I invited some of the cousins to a small hen party at grandfather's, they are already in town for the wedding anyway and I have been informed your family will be flying in tonight so your sister would be here too and your brother can bond with Tobi if Timi as made any plans'

Remi never questioned that she didn't have people to invite. She had squeezed an invitation to Jadesola who declined because she knew she was going to feel out of place and She didn't want to put herself in that sort of situation. They weren't exactly best friends so Remi did not insist. It was only fair, she had the same worry about her family as well. She worried about her mom and dad. She was glad Tobi gave them the chance of a new life in a foreign country instead.

He seemed to have calculated every decision regarding her and her family. She was excited to spend the wedding week with them.

'that's fine. I didn't have anything planned anyway...Just give me a minute to get ready'

'of course...I will get out of your way....I will make some more calls to ensure everything is going smoothly...' she said as she made her way out

'Don't sweat it, Laila. I am sure you've done well'

'SARAH!!!!' she yelled out before closing the door behind her throwing a kiss at Remi before she disappeared.

Her room fell quiet and she took in a deep breathe. What is she going to do? She was going to relax and wait till her family arrived.

She sent a message to Sarah to tell her about the change of plans so she could arrange hair and make up for her.

She felt a quick pull that frightened her and she turned to see Tobi behind her. The secret door he had opened the other day. It made no sound.

'What are you doing' She said relieved that it was him

'Giving you a good morning and a good bye kiss'