Chapter 50 - Final Chapter

Remi welcomed her child while worrying about Tobi not being present. He had promised to be there. Her mind started racing has she heard the doctors worry about her heart rate and that of her child dropping. There was chaos in her mind and there was panic in the room.

She cried as she pushed her child into the world. Her mom hugged her as she screamed, she was in physical and emotional pain.

'I can't do this mom' she said as she cried

'Remi, you will bring this child to the world as I did you. God has strengthened you, be strong'

Remi cried and pushed with all her strength before the minor relief came.

She smiled at the sight of the end until she noticed the look on the doctors face.

She watched as they tapped the baby's behind for a cry or scream. Why has life decided to be cruel to her.

She pulled herself up on the bed. She was covered in sweat as she asked for her baby 'give him to me' she commanded

They placed the baby on her chest and She drew in a deep breathe as she raised her hand and she pinched her baby hard and so did her mom as they prayed.

'Please God,please' she said as she patted her baby until it started to cry. She hugged it against her chest as the tension in the theatre fell and everyone cheered.

Someone came in and pulled the rooms attention, he stood at the door to take in the room quickly before going to the head doctor and whispering something to him.

Remi watched as the doctor's face dropped before looking at her as the nurse that entered stepped back.

'What ?' Remi said as the smile slowly faded from her face

'It's your husband Ma'am' the doctor said as he pulled off his gloves while some nurses cleaned her birthing area.

Remi's face fell as she looked from one face to another 'let me go with them,let them take care of you' her mom said before Remi could protest.

She watched her mom run out of the room. Remi's head fell back and the last thing she could remember was someone taking the baby from her as they rambled about her dropping blood pressure.

The room got blurry before Remi's eyes as the doctor pointed a touch at her 'stay with me' he yelled

But she didn't

—————————

Remi opened her eyes slowly and laid her eyes on her mom who was sitting between her and her baby's cot. She wanted to standard up but the sharp pain between her legs pushed her to the bed. She groaned, waking her mom up.

'God thank you, Remilekun mi, thank you for not making me cry over you'
'Where is Tobi'
' He is fine o, he is fine'
'What Happened mom?' She said woozier than usual
'We can talk about this later Okomi, the main thing is he is fine'
'What happened?' She asked firmly
'There ehhh was a bomb in the room you were suppose to be in and he went there to see you but luckily you had been rushed in to the theatre instead' she stuttered as she visibly worried about choosing her words carefully

'God, where is he now' she broke into tears as she struggled to stand in her feet while her mom reached out to stop her
'Please Remi, you need rest'

' I am fine enough mom' remi said as she made her way past her to see her baby sleeping in his cot. ' I need to see him'

She headed to the door and the doctor stepped in through the door

'Mrs Talabi, you shouldn't be up....' He rushed to say

'I am fine, where is my husband?' She requested, cutting him off

The doctor looked at her mom for approval 'LOOK AT ME' Remi yelled firmly

..............

Remi stood in front of the door to Tobi's room scared of what was waiting for her behind the door. The doctor opened the door and she stepped in and the doctor closed the door behind her.

Her heart broke, he was injured and had a cast around his neck and leg. Ophelia sat next to him and turned to look at her, she stood up to help Remi as she limped towards his bed and placed her hand on his head and kissed his cheek before kissing him on the lips.

'I will leave you too alone' Ophelia said as she patted Remi's back as Her tears ran into their kiss, the taste of her tears made her cry more when she broke their kiss.

'Hey' he said as he looked into her eyes. He managed to give her a smile.

'My love' she said with relieve in her voice as she leaned over to kiss him. He managed to run his hand through her hair.

'How's our son?'

'He is fine, he is well'
' I am sorry, I couldn't be their'

'Can't we run away, can't we just leave it all and never look back' Remi said as she pleaded with her teary eyes
'I wish we could, he would never let this go' he said as they stared into each other's eyes

Just as if he knew what they said as they whispered between themselves, the door opened and two guards in suit come in with hampers and flowers. Remi and Tobi watched as they bowed slightly and dropped the items on a table at the other end of the room.

They watched as one of the guards came towards them with a letter in hand and points it at Tobi's good hand. Remi dragged it from the guard and ripped it open before handing it to the Tobi who held it in a way they could both read from it. The guards exist the room as the two of them read the letter.

Grandfather congratulated them on the birth of their son. He hoped the family will always be one, continuously ruled by one before stating the day he would like to see his great grand son. He also added that he was happy to be informed mother and son were doing well. He informed them that he was already overseeing the preparations for the naming ceremony at his estate.

Remi pulled back and Tobi squeezed the letter in his hand.

Remi knew the letter was a threat and a Warning. She could live because she had a son and Tobi was alive because he chose it that way.

'What are we going to do?' Remi asked

' Nothing' Tobi said as he mentally reprimanded himself, he should have known better than to give the old man a second chance to step down, he should have gone with his initial plan.

'For now'

The end ( the epilogue explains how islanders was Tobi's revenge)
I also wrote this late at night so I will be correcting any grammatical errors later)

Thanks for staying on this journey with me