Chapter 32

She picked out several outfits. She picked a lounge dress to wear after her bath and a fancy sequence dress to wear to the party later at night.

She strolled into their large kitchen as Laila got off a call and turned to give her a big smile.

'Great, You are here...lets go over some plans ...so first we have drinks, pre dinner with the aunties, say bye to the aunties, welcome all the eligible guests, "Eligible" I do not throw around that word lightly' she said with a stern face before taking a deep breathe 'Then more drinks and then the final party which is basically like a pre engagement party that gives the eligible singles the opportunity to speed date. More like a ball type thing'

'that sounds very complicated for a hen night'

'Our world is very different, Remi and If I am being honest you might never get use to it' Laila added

'Everything takes time' A familiar voice said behind her and Laila rolled her eyes.

Ophelia.

'Ophelia'Laila said with a fake smile as she turned around to greet the other woman 'You look....eh...well'

'If I am going to be in Attendance I have to look my best'

'I don't remember sending an invite your way....' Remi said non chalantly before adding 'yet'

'Word travels fast Laila, that's enough for me.'

Remi stood aside quietly as she witnessed the tension between them

'well then, seems I have to make last minute changes' She said towards Ophelia

'You should' Ophelia clapped back which made Laila squint her eyes slightly. Ophelia let out a tiny smirk, she had gotten under her skin.

'Remi, I will see you at Grandfather's later tonight' she said before planting a kiss close to her cheeks. she threw a dirty look at Ophelia as she walked past her at the door.

They both stood in silence until Ophelia walked towards the pantry on the other side of the kitchen. Remi proceeded to leave the kitchen to find something to do in preparation for her parents arrival, not that Sarah needed any reminders. She had probably had more things done than her family would ever need or notice.

'You don't have to like me' Ophelia said loudly as Remi was about to step out of the kitchen doors and into the hallway

'Why would you think that' she tried to say without giving away her honest feeling.

'I am a woman, Remi and you have nothing to worry about'

Remi took in a deep breathe and proceeded to leave again

'Do you even know what game you are playing. You cant be a queen of an empty chess board'

Remi stopped in her stride to leave, she took a deep breathe as she finally agreed she would have to deal with Ophelia. The last thing she would ever do is get into a physical fight with another woman over any man. 'what is that suppose to mean'

'Everyone is against you and the people you think are your enemies are the ones with the greatest strength to protect you'

'Like you' Remi said sarcastically

'Like Tobi'

'He isn't my enemy' she replied a little to defensive than she wanted to sound

'but he was and still might be, you are letting your heart lead you Remi. You are in an unfamiliar world and you are not picking swordsmen. Your marriage is going to put you in a battlefield and you are going there with a mere title'