Chapter 16

They had walked by each other severally within the first week of her stay. Two weeks passed and she hadn't seen or heard from him asides the unaddressed gifts she found on her dresser every morning.

The next morning after their last encounter, Anu had pried open the curtains letting the full shine of the sun in.

"Good morning, ma'am"

"why?" she mumbled as she rolled over.

"We need to prepare for your visit"

"what visit?" she said as she dug herself into the duvet.

"your visit to meet the whole family"

"I dont want to"

"you don't have to" anu said as she walked over to the other side of the bed

"good"

"but you need to" she said before dragging the duvet off Remi. "Your bath is ready"

she had her bath and got dressed. she managed to find her way to the large kitchen with the help of a staff waiting outside her room.

She sat over the counter top overlooking the large field. They were two people riding horses in what seemed like a competition.

"where is he"

"He has gone about his day and has instructed to prepare you to meet everyone"

"hmmmm" she dug into her plate of oats as she felt disappointment.

"Who is everyone?" Remi asked using her spoon to play with her oat

"The family crept and Grandfather to pay your respect and...."

"Sorry ma'am miss Sagoe is here" a staff said interrupting Anu

"We would be with her shortly, in the mean time give her the NDA to look through and sign" Anu said and the girl rushed off to tell the renowned fashion designer what she had to do to continuously secure the patronage of the family.

"Can I ask you something?
"Of course"
"What would you do in my position"

"Accept it, enjoy it. Survive" she replied with a blank face

"Hmmmm" Remi noticed her eyes go from her face to her ring. Remi drew her hand back and placed it on her lap under the table. The stares her ring got were starting to bother her.

.............**********************************************************************************************

Remi walked into their grand living room to see the fashion designer waiting on her with 10 other staffs

"Good morning your excellency"

That was the first time she would ever be addressed that way

"Please sit, welcome to our home" she said as she sat down before the woman who was waiting for her to sit first

"OUR HOME" Remi screamed in her head

" a lovely home indeed..." she said with a smile

2 hours later she picked one of 5 shades of  purple she had been given as an option due to family traditions for her main traditional attire. She had her measurement for 10 other matrimonial outfits that she was bound to receive in a week as it would become her number one priority.

They said their goodbyes in the large foyer. Remi waited for the staff to close the door behind her and her staffs before she screamed as loud as she could.

The staffs were startled but kept on walking.

She looked up at the high ceilings and then up the imperial stairs that led up 4 floors. She stormed into the elevator as it opened ignoring the maids that greeted her as they stepped out.