CHAPTER 49

A few months later, Tobi appeared in front of his Grandfather who wasn't expecting him.

The old man walked into his study with the help of his daughter.

'you are here. It's so good to see you,son' his mother said awkwardly.

They never shared a bond. It was easy to hide when he was younger but as a man, he saw that she couldn't hide her fear of who he was now and her shame of not being able to protect him as a child.

He wanted to ignore her but he chose not to
'I just stopped by to discuss business with grandfather'

'Yes, Ofcourse, I will leave you both to discuss...well extend my greetings to Remi, it's good to see Ophelia and Laila bonding, it's about time. I hear she's doing better now' she said from a safe distance, Tobi nodded to agree with her before she merely stretched her hand to his arm and patted slightly before leaving.

The old man walked over to his chair as the door closed behind his daughter.

He sighed as he got into his chair and a maid poured him a drink. He signalled for the room to be emptied and everyone left before their conversation started.

'I do not assume I could offer you a sit'

'You've never had to'

'We've never had this type of conversation'

He knew what his grandson was here for and he wanted to get over it quickly.

'Are you here to make a deal?' He said blankly with a raised eye brow as he sat back into his chair.

He wasn't going to admit defeat, he never did, he had never had to. He had reasons and he acted on them without feeling the need to explain to anyone regardless of how inconveniencing it was to them.

'I have no interest avenging what you've done but I will let you keep your place as the head of the family, from now on I will be in charge of everything regarding the business and the legacy of the family' Tobi said firmly before the old man stomped his walking stick on the ground. An act that would have made Tobi's heart jump when he was younger.

'Tobi' he said angrily as his face showed the most expressive he has ever seen on grandfathers face. He sat up as his breath hastened.

'Every request, every decision goes through me. You do not get to harm any member of this family for any business deal or legacy protection. Is that clear?' Tobi added as he walked closer and hit the table which made the old man sit back into his chair as he stared into his eyes

His mother barged in but there didn't pay attention to her.

'Father, did you still need me to send out the invitations for the gala' she called out

'He does' Tobi said as he stared down the old man before standing straight and adjusting his suit.

He patted her arm as he walked out of the room.

'TOBI, TOBI!!!' the old man yelled thunderously,his body shook as he stood up from his chair. His daughter stepped back frightened by her fathers wrath and her son's lack of fear as he walked away.

His anger made the staffs jump as Tobi flung the door open. He was mad because no one gets to talk to him like that, talk more of outsmarting him.

Tobi did not offer him a deal, did not give him a choice, He declared to him how it had to be from then on. Nobody speaks to him like that.

Every business, property, everything grandfather ever owned on earth was now Tobi's.

Grandfather had made him his  next of kin since he was 21 which made it incredibly easy for him to make the change with a little twitch here and there.

He had only came to tell grandfather himself to save him face in public or with the rest of the family. A part of him had hoped to see sympathy, to get an apology off him but nothing. The old man just gave him an empty stare. He did not see Tobi's reaction coming.

.......................

Two months later, Remi went into labour and she was taken to the hospital by Ophelia who called Tobi on their way.

He rushed through the hallway and spoke to the front desk of his uncles hospital and they told him what suite she was in with their child.

He walked in and proceeded to go into the inner room where he was going to see his wife and child but they weren't there. As Tobi turned to leave a blast had him flying to the other end of the room.

The last thing he heard was a continuous beep as his eyes blurred and his head banged. His heart rate increased as he thought about his family. How could this be the end for him?