Chapter 18

Ola led her into a large room with a selection of white dresses after her make up had been touched up.

"make your choice" Ola said "These styles are traditional to the family"

"Thank you" Remi said as she stepped forward to make her choice.

She finally settled on an iconic traditional Vivienne Westwood Nova cocotte wedding Dress.

She walked behind the dressing screen and started to undress as she heard the door open and close. She stepped into the dress and stepped out to ask Ola to help her with her Zip.

She flinched at the sight of Tobi in the room.

"let me help"

"I need fresh air"

"done" he said softly as he strolled towards her mesmerized by her beauty. She stood in front of the large mirror and waited for him to reach her.

His hand caressed her waist as he ran his hand towards the zip of the dress. Through the mirror, She watched him concentrate on the zip like it was a math. His hand touched her bare skin and she felt the thrill run down her spine.

He ran the zip up and their eyes met when he looked into the mirror. The rooms lighting was cosy and warm and Frank Sinatra played quietly in the background.

Her hair was stylishly and roughly pinned up. He revealed a layered pearl necklace and placed it on her neck and it sat comfortably on her neck like it had found home.

she cleared her through

He led her through several hall ways that helped them avoid seeing anyone asides maids.

Once they walked out of the door, The burst of fresh air filled her lungs and she wanted to cry.

"Help me"

"I am helping you" He said firmly 

"How!!! you are putting me on a pedestal, you are giving them, whoever them is a clearer view of their target by making me your wife"

"Remi trust me, I am helping you"

"Trust you?...You have done nothing but threaten me and take away people I care for"

"Remi, not here"

"Take just take" Remi said as she squeezed the ring into the palm of his hand and proceeded to run away.

He grabbed her hand and held on to her from behind as she struggled to break free.

"Remi please stop it. I have never pleaded with anyone please"

she calmed "okay let me go. I promise not to run"

"Against my better judgment I will do so"

He dropped her down and she immediately ran off. He took in a deep breathe and rubbed his hand over his face. He looked at her run in the opposite direction and walked towards the Palace his grandfather called home. It was big enough to buy him enough time to save her yet again.

He pulled his phone out from his pocket and called Timi as he stepped into the weaponry.

"she's ready for hunt brother" He said before they agreed on where to meet.

They met at another side door that led to the sea view. Tobi threw Timi a short-pump shotgun and they clocked their guns together as they burst open the double doors.

They heard movements and walked swiftly towards it. They heard footsteps running down the pier.

"What's the plan Remi" Tobi yelled firmly 

"I don't know" she said as she stood breathless on the edge of the pier "You say you are trying to keep me safe but keeping me in the dark doesn't...."

A gun shot was fired towards her and she jumped into Tobi's arms. Timi fired into the night as Tobi rushed to put the ring back on her finger.

They heard groaning from one of the boats close to the pier.

"please spare me sir" the injured man said.

"How many of you are on the property" Timi said as he looked down at the injured gun men 

"Just me sir, this fortress is hard to defeat"

Tobi held on to Remi and led her to the front of the boat where Timi stood looking down at the injured gunman.

"take her awaybrother"

"No, I want to stay"

"Remi"

"I want to stay!" she said firmly

"Tell them. Its over." Tobi said calmly with firmness in his voice.

"yes sir, I will" the man said in between his heavy breathes

*****************************************************************************************

She stood outside in the hallway alone. She felt alone. She was alone. Tobi was the only one she knew. And he was waiting for her at the other end of the door with his cousin behind him.

She wanted to cry "Remi" the voice she had grown up hearing said

"daddy" she said as she turned to see the man that stood in the centre of her world in a suit.

She rushed into his arms and placed her head on his chest.

"how..."

"It had to be a surprise"

"I am so happy you are here"

He covered her face with the veil she held in her hand.

"where is..." the double doors to the family chapel opened and he put her hand in his.

They started to walk down the carpet in the middle of the chapel as a slow number was played by the orchestra.

One of 4 ceremonies. Before God, Before Family and the ancestors, Before the gods, Before man. The most intimate of the ceremonies. 

Before God, a ceremony they would hold at the islanders chapel with all in attendance. A crypt stood under the chapel, that held the remains of the people before them and above it more than half stood to witness their union. 

Tobi's father came from a line of Yoruba kings with strong beliefs in the gods and their jealousy of humans. A crown prince in the making has to perform his marital rights in front of the gods at sea. 

Followed by the ceremony before man, which would be aired to help improve the stance of his campaign

"I love you so much" Her father whispered to her, she looked from her father to the man she was now about to marry then the rest of her family "we love you so much"

They stood in the front roll.

A tear ran down her face as she passed by them waving at her.

When they reached the alter Her father presented her to Tobi and He greets her with a smile

"continue to keep her safe" He whispered to Tobi before walking away.

Tobi nodded in response and took Remi's hand in his and they turn around together as Grandfather stood up from his seat.

"I finally get to meet you" Grandfather said with a smirk "well and alive"

"thanks to my husband" she said with a raised eye brow before turning to look at Tobi, she placed her hand in his. He had told her everything.

Everything.

************************************************

I will reveal why they've been trying to kill her and yes grandfather knows something.