Chapter 48

Tobi watched as she got off him and sat next to him. He sat up slightly as she looked at him while covering herself up with the duvet. Her hardened nipples distracted him and almost convinced him that he could manage to go again and climax this time around.

But he knew better.

'Why....what wrong did Ophelia do. Why would he do that to her? She stuttered as she tried to wrap her head around how dubious grandfather truly was.

'It wasn't suppose to be her' he said sadly before turning to look at her. She stared into his eyes and she knew what he meant. She moved her head from side to side as if to reject the claims his eyes made.

'Why...' she said defeatedly 'what have I done. Why did chima have to pay for it'

'I doubt that he knew, I know my grandfather well, he must have made a deal with his parents and they just simply told him the place and where and when he found out, he must have told Ophelia whatever he knew'

'Grandfather knows I am pregnant' remi said as she held her tummy 'why would he want to do this to you?'

Tobi closed his eyes and sat up, he held his head with his hands as he thought about the only reason his grandfather ever did anything. Power

' to make me more ruthless, more focused on his goals. You are the first woman I would ever love, Remi and he wouldn't mind if he melded you into being the last. If that's what it took to get my undivided attention for his legacy....'

Remi froze in place as his words landed on the depths of her soul. Ophelia had taken her place but she still wasn't in the clear. What was his next plan?

She looked at Tobi who now looked pale. He was terrified. She had made him this way. He continued about how grandfather knew taking her and their child will only make him get married to someone else he didn't love for procreation and the continuation of his legacy. Unlike Remi  and their child, they wouldn't be a weapon against Tobi.

The back of his  eyes was filled with tears at the thought of loosing her.

Remi knelt opposite him and pulled him in for a hug. He hugged her tightly wishing he didn't have to let her go.

Tobi felt sad that he had doubted her when she was being targeted the whole time. He should have known better but he just thought grandfather would be okay seeing him happy.

Her scent consumed his thought and filled him with gratitude for being able to be in her presence, to be loved by her.

He had to be strong to protect his family.

'Ophelia' he suddenly said as he pulled away quickly from her. 'That genius'

'What' Remi said

'Let me help you get dressed. I will explain' he said with a smile on his face before kissing her and helping her up.

He walked into her closet and brought out a silk set and a checkered pj set for himself. She smiled at the thought of him slowly moving into her room.

Remi was seeing a designer about redesigning his room to suit the both of them as it was much larger than hers and his had a much more larger closest, the size of her entire room.

They strolled out of her room together and all the maid bowed as they passed.

As they turned into another hallway to head towards Ophelia's room, they spotted sarah walking by.

She bowed slightly and walked past them and Remi held Tobi's hand to stop him. She waited a moment to understand her decision.

She turned around and yelled 'Sarah'