CHAPTER 30

'Remi, you have done well' Grandfather said blankly 'Tell your husband I called'

'Thank you sir' she said into the phone 

'hmmm' he sighed into the phone before he hung up. She looked at the screen and it was less than 30seconds. It was definitely the  shortest phone call she has ever had, even a call from the wrong number lasted longer most times.

'Great honour that is' Tobi said sarcastically without looking up from his phone. 'He hardly calls'

'This is his first time calling me. I didn't even know I had his number'

'Pray to God you never have to use it' he said before taking a deep breathe and resting his head against the head rest

'Are you okay?'

' it's just another day for me Remi' he said coldly while staring out the window.

———————-

Remi went into the shower immediately they got home. The drive home was quiet except when he told Hassan to tune into a radio station where they were talking about their interview.

She watched him close his eyes as he listened. His breathing slowed down but she knew he was still awake. He held the door out for her and told her to head up as he had a few calls to make. She had her shower trying not to worry about the tough decisions he had to make to rectify the damage she knew had been done.

She had looked through her messages and had gotten a warning from Ife to go offline till the morning just to avoid the tainted news but she couldn't help it. After watching the first video from an account on TikTok trying to break down the cycle and speed of their relationship, she  found herself down a rabbit hole when fear ran through her spine. One of the user was almost accurate under the disguise of having a source. the comments on the other hand jested about it being a Wattpad story plot of  some sort.

Who could it be. maybe the same guy that paid off the host? could he be the source or one of  his goons and how dangerous is this person? besides his previous attempt to kill her 

She walked out of her closet in a long night silk dress as he walked into her room shirtless. She looked up from her phone and paused in place. She eyed him from head to toe and she smiled at him softly.

'Hey...'  Remi said, she thought she could do better but that was all she could mutter

'I am sorry...I should have asked if you were okay. What you witnessed, I should have ensured you were doing okay instead I made you worry about me and I wasn't as open as I should have...'

'That's not my first time' she said thinking about the day he had shot someone who tried to kill her

'then too' he said as he pulled her into his arms.

' have you had anything to eat'

'I am not hungry, would you like me to make you something?'

'I am not hungry either but I am curious about your cooking'

'It's not great to be honest' he lied with a smile as he broke their hug. The only break he gave himself from grandfather was the time he cooked. He had made a few videos of him in the kitchen cooking by himself, he had let himself imagine he could be a chef. He had hoped to send them in to the culinary institute of America but he didn't, he couldn't abandon his responsibilities for his passion.

Then Ophelia found out his secret and sent them in. He was angry till she revealed he got in for the interview which made him sad. He had let himself dream too far.

Later that day, he met with grandfather who then left subtle messages through out the day hinting that he knew about the letter and his little hobby.

'A man's heart must remain true within and for his legacy' he had said as he stared into Tobi's 18 years old eyes that knew what he was insinuating. He only said that statement to him whenever he thought Tobi was getting distracted like when he got his first girlfriend before the age of 21 even though he had ensured she was from a respectable home but he hated that she was sort of a Kennedy, grandfather didn't believe in a lot but he believed in the Kennedy curse. Also when he saved Ophelia when he was 13.

The weekend he had planned to send his wife away, he was going to get rid of the staffs and find bliss in his hobby. Ophelia would be entertained only because she already knew and they had business to discuss.

'I will decide another night' she said as she went to climb into bed.

She tucked herself in as she rubbed her hands together to even out the spread of her hand cream.  She reached over to turn on the lamp beside her bed before she turned to marvel at the man who has walked the distance to turn off the light, the size of her room still amazed her.

He strolled over to the empty side of the bed and got in.

'Hi' he said with a smile as he pulled her in

Their wedding was merely nights away and Remi hoped they were celebrating early as a smile grew on her face.

He caressed the side of her face as they looked into each others eyes. He smiled and kissed her.

She placed her hand on his chest and his hand ran down her side till it reached her hip. He pushed her in and she threw her leg over his as they kissed passionately. His hand found the inside of her legs and caressed it's way up.

She laid on her back and he pulled himself on top of her without breaking their kiss.

In what felt like a few seconds, He broke off their kiss and stared at her 'you are so beautiful, Remi my words won't do your beauty any justice' he said

She blushed. She didn't know what to say so she wrapped her hand around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. He slowly broke it off and kissed her arm before rolling over to his side of the bed.

Why did he stop she thought as she watched his every move. He got out of the bed and turned away from her. He threw his head back and adjusted the band of his pants. Remi figured he was trying to hide his erection from her  but she could be wrong. He doesn't want to be with her.

He turned to look at her and a small smile broke on his face

'I can't be intimate with you Remi' he said as he sat on the bed. He crossed his legs like one would in yoga and took her hand in his.

'Was I that obvious' she said as she tried to adjust her expression but couldn't help it. Had he been fooling her

'I can't be intimate with you Remi' he said again in his deep voice 'it's a family tradition, at least not before our traditional wedding'

Remi felt relieved to know it wasn't her. 'Why not'

'Anu didn't cover a lot' he said with a smile

She rolled her eyes and he raised an eye brow 

'I come from Royalty on my fathers side, since the amalgamation of the royal families, there's just three left so by marriage, grandfather snatched the west through his daughter so I am directly in line to be king at some point. Traditionally, I am unable to be intimate with a woman till I am married'

'Oh' was all Remi could say then her brain clocked it and her eyes widened ' so you've never...'

' yes...' he said cutting her off with a smile

What! She yelled in her head