Chapter Seven

"Tobi, I believe I don't need to tell you what you have...not have but need to do" Grandfather said slowly, not looking up from the paper he was signing. The staff took the paper off the table and slipped another one on. They watched as Grandfather did a quick glance through the paper before dipping the quill into the ink and signing the paper. His staff repeated the process again and so did grandfather.

The lack of response made him look up through his glasses at his two grandsons. Great Men he believed they would become one day if they just lived by everything he has taught and still teaches them.

"If you play your cards right she could be the answer to you becoming the president of the country without any manipulation"

"I know grandfather...I am already on it...I am just having my bit of fun" he said without breaking eye contact with his cousin Timi who stared  back at him blankly. Tobi knew that behind that blank look was a little hint of disgust about what he was already doing or planning to do.

"Don't get carried away" Timi warned

"When have I ever, brother" he said gulping his glass of scotch and pushing the empty glass into his chest, till he felt his grip on it, he then pat Timi's shoulder before walking past him.

He walked past the staffs that greeted and opened doors for him with a grin on his face. In his head , Beethoven's 5th symphony played as he walked down the halls and into the foyer and out the door and down the steps of his Grandfathers palace and into the car that was being held open for him.
He felt like the joker.

He  planned to have as much fun as he would have in a game of chess with a million dollars at stake. He lived for the thrill. The little silly act of hers had almost cost him his whole campaign and future. He wasn't a very proud or egoistic person but his temper had a reputation.

***

"Remi, wake up" she heard her father say while shaking her a little "Remi"

She refused to wake up because it would mean the life she was living only a moment ago was a dream. Her home with Chima, their Kids, Her business, The company her father now ran slowly disappeared had he summoned her into reality. It was all a dream.

"Remilekun" her moms thunderous yell woke her straight up. She abruptly jerked her upper body up like one did after waking up from a near death dream  experience making her father's body jerk away from hers.

The noise of chaos was near yet distinct. "You've been sleeping for 15 hours" Her father said

That couldn't be possible, she had trouble sleeping longer than 4hrs at a go. How has she managed to sleep 15 hours straight during one of the most chaotic time of her life.

"There's a moving van outside, we have to start parking now" her mom said before proceeding to leave the room.

In one swift move, Remi was off the bed and rushing behind her. Despite her baffled and half conscious state she still managed to ask a question that seemed relevant.

"Why" She blurted out forgetting everything that has happened in her life until this moment for a brief second.

Her mom stopped abruptly making Remi spill into her and then stepping back as fast as she could out the fear of being hit across the face as her mom turned around and repeated "Why!....Whyyy!"