CHAPTER 8

"When would he marry you or have you both not spoken about it. The wedding list I wrote down is almost tearing off at the edges" her uncle blurted out as he hissed using the toothpick to reed his golden teeth of the remaining scraps of meat from the meal his mother had cooked.

It has almost been a week now and he had somehow turned Remi's mom to his maid. He never liked her and everyone knew. Remi looked from her father to him.  His gentle face hiding the disgust and anger he felt towards the illiterate bastard of his father.

"So has mine, from your daughter who is almost twice her age" he said calmly before picking up the paper on the table and walking out of the living room.

The man grunted with anger. He had been bested yet again by his brother.

Remi stood up to follow her father.

"Lets go for a walk" He said putting on his slippers. She put on hers as well and they approached the gate together.

Her mom poked her head out the upstairs window and yelled out to them "Buy me some pepper on your way back"

They walked in silent for 20minutes. It was just them three here now. He had used some of the money his sibling gave him to arrange student accommodations for the triplets. He didn't want their situation to affect their studies.

It was just the three of them again, just like when she was little and the triplets had not been born. Simpler times.

"Daddy, I am meeting Chima's parents this night"

"Hmmm...I suppose thats good" He said as they walked side by side

"I suppose so too. I don't think its the right time for us but his mom is just around for only a while and ....."

"You have grown a lot you know" He said totally ignoring what she was saying. " And I am so proud of you"

She felt speechless. She always knew he was but this was the first time he was saying it out loud and she suddenly felt overwhelmed. As if she knew she needed it now the most

"Thank you, Daddy. I also got an Interview on Monday too"

"Just dont forget the child of who you are, Remi" He said before dragging her in by the shoulder for a side hug.

Her mom always called her daddy's girl and she would deny it. But there was nothing she wouldn't do for this man she thought looking up at him.

There was a knock on the door of the room she was now sharing with her cousin.

"Come in" Remi said as she put on lip gloss.

"Are you ready to go?" She heard her mom say.

They had not spoken alone since the day they had to move from their house.

"mommy, Do you need me to do something for you" She said as she shoved her make up away.

"No, No...I just came to see how you are preparing" she said

Remi didn't know the appropriate way to respond to the sudden warmth coming from her mother. It was a different type. This was the type she felt as a kid when they were best friends and didn't claw at each other disagreeing over one thing or the other.

Her mom smiled at her and a tear drop.

"Mommy, why are you crying" she said jumping over to wear she now sat on the edge of the bed.

"I haven't been easy on you and soon you will be gone" She said in between

"I am not going anywhere mommy, please stop crying"

"I am not crying. You have just grown so fast and I am just so proud of you"

Two of this in one day Remi thought suspiciously. "I know, I know mommy. Its okay. Stop crying. I am still your baby girl"

"Wear this" She said handing her a silver necklace. "I wore it the first day I met your father"

She held Remi's hands "You are so beautiful"

Chima was In the sitting room waiting for her. Once she came in he stood up looking at her with admiration. She stood at the door way looking at him as well.

She heard footsteps come down the steps "Where is Remi" Her uncles deep voice said. She jolted and ran towards the door grabbing Chima's hand and running out with him. She wasn't going to let him ruin her mood tonight. She didn't stop rushing away till they where out of the compound and in his car.

She took a deep breath before putting the sit belt on while he laughed as he started the car engine. They laughed together as he  drove off. Not tonight, she thought

"Where are we, Chima" Remi said looking out to the unfamiliar route he was driving through

"Yeah, we are going to my family house"

"yeah, but where is this?" she asked turning to look at him as he stopped by a gate.

"You will see, come on" he said before unlocking the door and stepping out, She watched him talk to a man wearing a black suit before he walked over to her side of the door. He held his hand out to help her out of the car.

"come on, Remi" He said with a calming smile that eased her suspiciousness

He led her to another car. He opened the door and nudged her to get in. She got in and looked out the back of the car to see the car being drove away. She looked forward and caught the drivers eyes.

"Shall we sir?" the young man said.

Chima turned to see her looking at him with the lost puppy eyes that she had. The eyes that stole and made his heart race.

"yes....and thank you" He said.

Soon they were in front of the majestic gate and he looked at her to see a stunned look on her face as she admired the elegant gate.

She looked at him then and at the gate and at him again. She was speechless as the gate opened. Her eyes widened.

He wondered how stunned she would look if she saw the excluded part of the estate owned by the Adegeshins.

They drove for a few minutes in silence till the driver pulled into the drive way of his fathers mansion. It wasn't on of the top 50 largest houses in the estate but the good thing was that they were allowed to live in the estate amongst the 1 percent of the country as it only catered to a 100 families.

As soon as he pulled up to the drive way,  several cars drove past with an entourage that got their attention as she stepped out.

"Who is that?" she asked looking at the cars drive past while trying to not be distracted by the mansion and castles around her.

"who knows" he said looking at her look at the entourage before turning to him. He placed a kiss on her lips. It was Him but he wasn't going to tell her.

He looked into her eyes and so the mixture of comfort, stun and fear. He brushed the strand of hair off her face "You look amazing....Lets go inside"

------------
Don't forget to leave a comment and vote.
Motivate me to keep writing guys!