Chapter 41

Tobi's mind was with her despite being present his meetings. He wasn't listening but he was able to make it seem like he was. Every time his eyes met that of grandfathers, he would maintain the eye contact till grandfather wavered.

There was something off about Remi's voice and the way she spoke that couldn't make him focus on the fact that she had just told him she loved him for the first time.

He checked his phone to see a message from Sarah saying Remi had arrived at home.

And he felt relieve but his mind still could t focus.

-----------------------------------------------

Remi eyes opened slowly as she realised she was in her bed. She knew she didn't drive there so she started to worry about how she must have gotten home.

She turned on her phone to see a message from Tobi saying he would shortly be on his way home.

Remi started to cry at the thought of his arrival home and not being able to remember anything that had happened or his reaction towards what had happened.

'Good morning ma'am' Sarah said as she walked out of Remi's closet

'How did I get home'

'We tracked your car to the parking lot you packed in and found you inside the drivers seat passed out' Sarah lied firmly.

Remi couldn't remember where she had passed out 'thank you' remi said shamefully before turning away and pulling the covers over her head. She wanted to confide in Sarah to not reveal the state she was in to Tobi but Remi knew it was a lost battle. Their loyalty was to him first then her.

Remi cried silently as she heard Sarah's footsteps depart the room.

She cried till she felt thirsty but was too weak to sit up in bed or order for water So she punished herself by staying as she was.

She picked up her phone and sent a message to chima.

'Are you okay? Where are you? What happened?' she texted. She waited minutes before checking for a reply or  the blue tick to signify he had read her message but there was nothing.

Even after a few hours passed by.

He would not reply for another day. Remi kept falling in and out of sleep due to hunger and the lack of motivation to stay awake.

She was slowly slipping into a depressive state that she had no control over.

Sarah knocked on her door the next morning and brought in a variety of breakfast trays with other maids and placed it on the table of the lounge area in Remi's room.

The smell woke her up and she threw the covers away from her face.

She walked over to it and sat on the floor and began to devour the meals before her.

The maids stepped away quickly.

Remi started to cry as she ate the meal unable to speak.

Sarah thought to cradle her but wouldn't dare. She stood they quietly before walking away to give her the privacy she deserved and to further investigate what had happened.

They had reported to Sarah, that Remi wasn't in a good state when they found her that night. She needed to have answers for Tobi. She needed to impress him and remain on his good side.

Remi went into the shower after eating and filled up the bath tub. She buried her face into the water as if to drown herself but she wanted to use it as a strategy to kick off her memory.