04 | friendly death match

Diana's POV

"You want to explore by that time?" Soobin asked, looking at me with a smile on his face. I nodded in affirmative, agreeing to his proposition.

"I'll accompany you both." Yeonjun suggested, motioning us to go ahead.

We first went to the surveillance room, where I met Beomgyu. Then after a short introduction, we made our way to the shooting range. As soon as we entered the room, Soobin picked up a gun which was lying down near him and offered it to me to test it out.

"Wanna try?" He asked, looking at me as he waited for me to take the gun from his hand.

"No thanks, I don't use guns." I said, shaking my head and letting out shaky breath, quickly putting up a smile to cover up my nervousness. He looked at me, his eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Why? You are great in archery. You must shoot well too." He asked, confused at the sight of me denying.

"Leave it." Yeonjun told Soobin, shaking his head slightly. He took my hand in his and squeezed it gently, assuring me that everything was fine. I nodded slowly, calming down.

"Are you alright? You look as if you have seen a ghost." Soobin asked me while staring at my face, confused as to why I was stressed out.

"I'm fine. Let's go to the other rooms." I quickly said, avoiding the question. Soobin glanced at Yeonjun, and then proceeded to walk ahead.

We were in the weapon room, Yeonjun showing off their collection when suddenly Taehyun came in. "Something came up. We need to go. Kai can stay with Diana." He said quickly, looking at Soobin and Yeonjun.

"This late?!" Yeonjun exclaimed, looking down at his wrist watch and then at the red haired male for an answer.

"Yeah- It won't take much time but we need to go right now." Taehyun said, slightly annoyed at the dumb questions thrown at him. I snickered, but quickly covered it up by coughing.

"Stay with Kai, okay? We'll come back." Yeonjun instructed me. I nodded, after which Yeonjun and Soobin left, knowing I would be fine here.

I was standing in the room alone, looking at their collection closely when Kai entered the room.

"It seems we are the only ones left here. Wanna hang out in the hall?" He asked, his hands folded across his chest, leaning against the door.

"Sure." I said smiling, as I kept down the knife which I was looking at back in its place. I walked out of the room with Kai by my side, making our way to the drawing room.

"What are you guys responsible of? Like who is the sniper, who makes the plans, who executes those plans and stuff?" I asked him on our way, curious.

"Taehyun usually plans the missions on which we go. He is also really good with guns. He is the brainiest one." Kai said, sighing, glancing at me. I nodded, keeping the given information in my mind. "Beomgyu is usually the sniper. But he is really good in melee too. Soobin and Yeonjun are the main leads usually. They lead us five because they are basically good at everything." He added, as we climbed upstairs to reach the drawing room.

"What about you?" I asked, looking at him and stopping in the middle of the stairs. He turned around to look at me, perhaps to answer my question.

"I call dibs on the guns. Like pistols and stuff. And fight with combat knives." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You use combat knives too?!" I asked, surprised. He nodded, the corners of his lips going upwards into a smile.

"Wanna have a match?" He asked, as the smile turned into a playful smirk.

"Sure." I said, giving him a smug smile. We both turned back and made our way to the practice room. After reaching there, he handed me a wooden piece, which had blue paint on it.

"The one who gets the blue mark on any life endangering spot or get's pinned down first, looses." He said, declaring the rules. I looked at him and tilted my head, slightly amused since this was something new I had ever heard.

"Challenge accepted." I said, bending down and removing my knives from the straps of my boots. He looked down, surprised at the sigh of seeing me take out two knives and keep them aside on the bench.

"Who knew you had those in there?" He said, looking at me in awe. I laughed, motioning him to go to the center of the room so that we could start our match.

Yeonjun's POV

"That was a piece of cake." Soobin said, shaking his head at the tiny problem we had to deal with. "You got worked up for no reason." He said, pushing Taehyun's shoulder playfully with his own in order to tease him. I started laughing at their behaviour, as I saw the red-haired male's cheeks flush with the slightest bit of embarrassment.

"Yeah." He said, scratching his nape and chuckling nervously.

"I wonder what Diana and Kai are up to." I said, opening the main door. I had expected them to be in the hall, watching tv or something but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Let's check down." Beomgyu said, as he pointed at the stairs. We four went down when we heard grunting noises and a few yells.

"What the hell-" I quickly rushed to the practice room and opened the door, worried. We four stood there, shocked, as we saw Diana and Kai fighting as if it was a death match, covered in blue marks.

"Why the hell are you both killing each other? And what's with the blue marks?" I asked, confused, as I saw none of them bleeding or hurt in any way. Both of them stopped whatever they were doing and looked at us, panting, with a confused expression on their face.

"Uhh- We were fighting? Like, as in who is better." Kai said, breathing heavily, his hands on his knees.

"Looks like we have a tie." Diana managed to choke out, as she panted for breath, pointing at him and herself.

"Finally found a worthy opponent." Kai huffed, stretching his hand out for a hi-fi to which Diana immediately responded by clapping back.

"I swear to god these two-" Soobin said, facepalming. "We thought you both were killing each other or something." He added, shaking his head. Both of them chuckled, as they walked away from their place to get refreshed.

"Diana we need to leave. It's past midnight." I said, looking at the watch and motioning her to come over here with my hand.

"Two minutes." Diana said, sitting down on the bench, wearing her shoes.

"How long have you guys been fighting for?" Beomgyu asked, as he looked at Kai, who was sitting on a bench with a water bottle in his hand.

"Probably fifteen minutes? I lost track." The maknae said, chugging down some water.

"Aish, these kids." I heard Soobin say, facepalming for the second time. I chuckled at his reaction.

"I'm done. Let's go." Diana said, as she walked towards the me, smiling.

"You can come back tomorrow. We don't have any mission to do yet so we are kinda free." Taehyun suggested, smiling at Diana.

"Sure." Diana replied, giving back a smile as she gave a quick nod towards him.