39 | promise

Diana's POV

We all sat in the car in silence, following TXT's car, as we made our way to my Dad's place, preparing for the attack in the middle of the night. I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm down my nerves, when I felt a warm hand on my hand. I looked to my side and saw Jake giving me a reassuring smile.

"Everything's gonna be alright, yeah?" He said softly. I nodded, as I tilted my head, keeping it on his shoulder, closing my eyes, as we drove through the dark roads under the moonlight.

Flashback

"Okay, so let's revise the plan once again." Heeseung said, as he kept his hands on the table, palm facing down, letting out a deep sigh. I nodded, as I decided to start.

"We'll leave from here at eleven, six men in one car and six men in other, along with me." I said, counting on my fingers to make sure I got it right. "Junie drops Beomgyu and Jungwon to the building next to Dad's place so they can do their job." I finished, as I looked towards Jungwon and Beomgyu for going next. Beomgyu nodded, before opening his mouth to speak.

"I'll help Jungwon till you people successfully break in. After an hour, I leave Jungwon and join you guys below-" He said, but Jungwon finished him off.

"And I'll stay up, shooting any men who escape and keep a look out if anything suspicious happens outside, so that I can inform you guys." Jungwon said, nodding slowly, as he looked at me. I nodded, agreeing with what he said.

"There are three floors, basement, the ground floor and the first floor. We split up into three groups and take down the men on each floor." Jake said, as he traced the entrances on the layout of the house which was lying on the table. I leaned, as I looked at the path he was tracing.

"Four of us go to the basement, three on each floor because all tasks take place in the basement. The rest of the six can join the four later after they are done with their part." Yeonjun said, looking at all of us. We nodded, agreeing to what the older male had said.

"Then as soon as we finish this, we get into our cars, pick up Jungwon hyung from the building, and leave before anyone can spot us." Ni-Ki said, sighing, as he stepped back from the table. 

"Yep. Right now it is eight, you guys can rest a bit before we start." Soobin said, indicating that our meeting had ended. 

End of Flashback

Jake's POV

I laced my fingers in Diana's, as we both sat in silence, waiting to reach out destination. I looked out of the window, as we passed by dark houses which were shining under the moonlight, recalling my talk with Diana.

Flashback

"Diana are you ready? We are leaving in thirty minutes." I said, as I entered our room and saw Diana sitting on the bed, facing the window. "Diana?" I called out again, as I didn't receive any answer from her. I walked towards her, as I kept my hand on her shoulder, shaking it a bit.

"Yeah?" She stuttered, as if she had broken free from a trance. I made her stand up, as I looked at her intently.

"What happened? You seemed to be worried about something." I asked her softly, as I wondered what was possibly going on in her mind. She shook her head, as she let out a deep sigh.

"It's just that- my heart can't stop racing. I just- I feel restless as if something bad is going to happen." She said, as she leaned forward and kept her head on my shoulder. "I'm worried, Jake. I'm worried that we might not be able to make it." She finally admitted, as she let out a small sigh. I smiled softly, as I pulled her closer towards me.

"We all will make it, don't worry." I said, as I rested my chin on top of her head.

"But- alright. Promise me we both will make it."  She said, as she lifted her head up to look at me. I nodded, smiling, as I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Promise. If not me, you will make it-" I said but she placed her hand on my mouth, stopping me from saying ahead, as she shook her head. I could see tears threatening to fall down her eyes.

"No. Don't say that. I can't afford to loose you." She said, as tears finally trickled down her face. "Please promise me we both will make it." She said, emphasising on the word 'both'. I gave in, as I cupped her cheeks, crashing my lips onto hers and pulling her into a passionate kiss, her hands snaking into my hair as she kissed me, as if it was our last.

"Promise."  I said, smiling, after pulling apart.

End of Flashback

Soon, TXT's car stopped, our car stopping behind it. I saw, as the door of the passenger's seat opened, Beomgyu and Jungwon walking out, sniper guns in their hand. Jungwon walked towards our car, as he knocked on the glass window. Jay lowered his window.

"All the best guys." The younger male said, smiling. I nodded, as I showed thumbs up.

"Stay in contact with us okay? Inform immediately if anything happens." Jay said, worry evident in his voice. Jungwon nodded.

"Don't worry hyung. I will be alright." He said, after which he walked away, joining Beomgyu, as both of them made their way to the building from whose roof they would do their work.

"Tell TXT to take their positions. We are going to initiate the plan." I said.