20 | the wait

Diana's POV

"Taehyun said they are still followed. They have spotted more than ten men surrounding their place, who have been keeping a look at them." Heeseung said, as he put a spoonful of food in his mouth, looking dejected. I sighed, as I nodded.

"Whose men are they?" Jake asked, looking at the older male.

"Scorpions." He said, shaking his head. "Attacking them is too risky because those men can call backup anytime." He added, looking visibly defeated as he played with his food.

"Junie said Dad wanted me kidnapped so he told this to Taehwan," I said, as I looked up at everyone. "And as far as I know Dad, he must be really furious by Taehwan now because he failed to do what he was told to." I said, looking down, staring at my plate of food, chewing my lip unconsciously as I thought hard.

"So, are you saying he is not allies with Scorpions now?" Sunoo asked, as he looked at me for any reaction. I shook my head in denial.

"Taehwan got along with Dad in the first place because Dad can provide extra men to anyone because he has that in excess," I said, nodding slowly. "And I can bet my life that if he is upset over this, right now he is not providing any men to Taehwan." I said, as I looked at Heeseung, who nodded, agreeing with me.

"So then, we can attack right? I mean they don't have backup." Ni-Ki said, shrugging his shoulders, as he looked at me.

"Not so fast." Jake said, shaking his head. "I'm sure Taehwan has a direct contact with Jungwoo and he can call him up, saying TXT is attacking, which would confirm their suspicions that Diana is with them." He stated, shrugging his shoulders as he looked at the youngest.

"But I am not. So after getting rid of TXT, they will realise I am here, with you guys." I said, shuddering at the thought. "And let's not forget how much power my Dad holds." I said, shaking my head, trying to think of some other plan.

"So what are you exactly trying to say?" Jungwon asked, as he looked at me.

"First of all, if we attack now, we are gonna loose this fight miserably. As TXT is in hiding right now thus their supply of weapons is limited so they can't attack." I said, as I got up from the table, all eyes on me. "If we go and attack the spies, one of them might tell Taehwan or Dad and then we get overpowered." I added, as I clicked my tongue, frustrated as I saw no way out of this.

"Why don't we attack the Scorpion's base then?" Jake asked. I turned around to face him, shaking my head.

"Why the hurry Mr. Sim? Dad is already mad at Taehwan and I'm pretty sure they both are bitter with each other." I said, smiling. "Let us wait and see what happens next. For now, I'm hoping that as Dad is not providing men to Taehwan, the ally breaks or weakens. And then we can strike, removing one party and then attacking the other." I said, as I looked at everyone for their response. Everyone nodded, agreeing with me.

"Are you sure you are not a part of any mafia?" Sunghoon asked, chuckling, as he looked at me. I laughed, as I shook my head.

"Nope. Rest assured." I said, laughing.

"Diana is right. We can wait and see what happens next and decide according to that. Taking decisions with haste would in turn harm us." Heeseung said, nodding.

Diana's POV

I turned and tossed in my bed, unable to sleep. I sat up, breathing heavily, as I buried my face in my hands and let out a small groan.

An uneventful week had passed since that discussion during dinner. I was still living with Enhypen, as we waited to get any ears from TXT or any news about Dad and his allies.

I looked out of the window and saw the moon shining brightly in the night sky. I lied back down, trying to sleep again but failed.

I'll just practice for sometime. It might drain me and help me sleep.

Thinking so, I got up, stretching my body. I grabbed my quiver and bow which was hanging in a corner and sneaked down the stairs, into the shooting range. I strapped the quiver on my back, as I stood in front of my target, my arrow pointing at the center. I let out my breath, as I released the string. As usual, it hit the center of the target. I practiced like this for half an hour, but soon got bored. I looked around and saw the two wooden knives, which had been used by me when I had a match with Sunoo in the morning, were still lying on the bench.

Might as well practice this then.

I unstrapped my quiver and kept it on the floor, leaning it against the wall. I kept my bow down on the bench, picking up the two knives, as I made my way to the center of the room.

Jake's POV

I was up reading, as I couldn't sleep at all. I put down my book, as I stared outside the window, appreciating the moon shining brightly along with the stars in the night sky. I switched off the table lamp, as I lied down on my back again, closing my eyes, trying to drift off to sleep.

Suddenly, I heard some shuffling noises. I sat up straight, alert, as I quietly pulled out the drawer of my beside table, taking out my gun. Taking it in my right hand, I quietly got up, as I looked out of the door cautiously. I peeked my head out of the room, as I scanned the passage.

Strange. I can't see anyone, though.

As I went back into the room, keeping my gun in the drawer again, I heard footsteps going down the stairs. I walked out of my room quietly and went down the stairs. I saw Diana go downstairs, her bow slung over her shoulders and her quiver in her hand.

Where is she going so late at night? I should follow her.