40 | daughter pays a visit

Jake's POV

"Beomgyu, take the men down which are outside, guarding. We are going in." I said, as I pressed the button on my earpiece, my eyes on the men who were guarding the building.

"Alright." Beomgyu replied. Faint noises were heard, as if someone had shot a paint ball at a pillow, after which the men, which were guarding the door in front of us, fell dead. I looked up, as I saw Jungwon give a thumbs up from the roof, the sniper gun in his hand.

"Let's go in." Diana said, as she quickly ran, motioning us to follow. Yeonjun looked at me and nodded, as he ran behind her. I followed him, Ni-Ki behind me.

Diana's POV

Yeonjun kicked the door down, breaking it. The men on the inside looked at us, surprised, but before they could react, Jake and Ni-Ki shot them dead. I saw three more men, coming running towards us, guns in their hand. I quickly released my grip on the string, shooting three arrows, which hit them, killing them instantly.

"Go!" Jake shouted, as he let Jay, Sunghoon and Kai go past him, going upstairs. We four went inside, and saw Soobin, Taehyun, Heeseung and Sunoo already busy fighting the men on the ground floor. They had come inside from the rear entrance as soon as the men outside were taken down. We took the opportunity, as we climbed downstairs, to the basement.

Men started attacking us, as soon as they saw us descending the stairs. I shot arrows after arrows, as the other male used guns to shoot at the Dad's henchmen.

I quickly threw my bow on the ground, after taking cover behind Jake and Ni-Ki, as I unstrapped my empty quiver, taking out my knives from my belt. Yeonjun threw his empty gun away, as he looked at me.

"Ready?" He asked, as he took out his own knives from his belt. I nodded, as I motioned Jake and Ni-Ki to cover us. 

Author's POV

The siblings attacked the men, which were coming from ahead, in unison. Diana kicked the man who was aiming his gun at her, making his gun fall out of his hand. She took the opportunity to stab the man in his gut, killing him, after which his lifeless body fell on the ground with a soft thud.

Yeonjun gave one of the Jungwoo's men a neck slice, killing the male instantly. He turned around and saw a man, quietly coming behind Diana to attack her, as she was busy fighting another man. He kicked that man's hand, making him stumble towards the wall, the knife in his hand dropping on the ground. Before the man could retaliate, Yeonjun punched the man on his jaw, the impact killing him on the spot.

Diana opened a door of a room, as she fought the men inside it, who were coming at her to attack.

Diana's POV

"Jake!" I shouted for help, as I saw another man coming towards me, while I fought with two men. As soon as I called out, Jake shot the man who was coming towards me, dead. I muttered a thanks, as I stabbed on of the man in his gut, while slicing the other man's throat, killing both of them. 

I turned behind to leave the room, but to my surprise, I saw a man standing behind Jake, a gun in his hand which was pointing at him. Before I could warn him, the man was shot dead, his lifeless body falling on the ground. Jake looked behind after hearing the gunshot, surprised, and saw one of my Dad's men, putting down his arm, as he looked at the dead man on the floor, who was going to shoot Jake.

"Hyunjae?" I asked, shocked, recognising that face, wondering as to why he had helped us even though he worked for Dad. He turned his head around, looking at me, as he gave me a sad smile.

"Yes. I'm on your side." He said, as if he knew exactly what I was thinking, shooting the men, who were coming from the right to kill us. 

"Why?" I asked, confused, because I knew he was one of my Dad's favourite men.

"Jungwoo killed my brother yesterday." He said, as he shot more men, along with Jake. I could see tears glistening his eyes, as he aimed at the men who came running towards us to attack. "He failed to do something and your Dad just- he ordered Soojin to kill him." He said, as he killed the last man coming and looked at me, a sad expression on his face.

"What? Minjae's dead?" I asked, my voice almost a whisper. This news was a shock to me as both of them were my close friends during my stay here. He nodded, as he quickly wiped his tears. 

"I swore yesterday that I'll avenge his death." He said, as he kept his hand on my shoulder, as he nodded sharply. "My friends are scattered all around the place, helping your friends." He said, as he looked at Yeonjun, who was busy fighting along with Ni-Ki.

"I'm glad you are with me." I said, smiling. Suddenly, Jake cleared his throat, interrupting our conversation, as he shot a man down who came out of a room, who carried a revolver in his hand, which was aimed at us.

"If you guys are done, we have a job to do." He said, as he looked at me and Hyunjae. I nodded, as I held my knives firmly in my hand, and made my way to the back side of the place, Yeonjun behind me, as Jake, Ni-Ki and Hyunjae stopped the men who were coming downstairs to attack us.

Author's POV

Yeonjun and Diana busted inside a room, which was supposed to be Jungwoo's office but to their surprise, they found it empty. Papers were scattered everywhere on the table, showing that whoever had left the room, was in a hurry.

"Shit! Dad left already." Diana said, as she turned around to look at Yeonjun. Her eyes widened, as she saw one of Jungwoo's men, a wooden chair in his hand, who was about to hit at Yeonjun's head. 

"Duck low!" She shouted just in time, before the man could hit him. Yeonjun ducked, almost sitting down, avoiding getting hit by the chair. Diana jumped over Yeonjun, kicking the man in his chest, as he stumbled upon the impact and fell down, Diana landing beside him. As the man tried to regain his composure to attack her, she took this opportunity to stab him, killing him instantly.

"We need to find him before he leaves." Yeonjun said, as he went out of the room, Diana behind him. She nodded, as she took the lead, running ahead, as her eyes searched for Jungwoo.

Diana's POV

Soon after searching, I spotted Soojin, along with a man in his 50s, with salt and pepper hair, a black briefcase in his hand. I stopped in my tracks, Yeonjun halting to a stop behind me, as I realised I had found the man I was looking for.

"It's nice to see you again, Dad."

Avenge || Jake SimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara