47 | his healer

Diana's POV

"Diana, I know it's hard for you to accept but-" Yeonjun said, trying to calm me down but I cut him off, shaking my head in denial.

"No Junie! I know he is alive!" I exclaimed, as tears fell down my cheeks. "His location changed somehow and I have gone through all the possibilities and according to me, he is alive." I declared, my heart jumping with joy at the thought that there was a huge chance that Jake was alive. Yeonjun nodded, as he quickly got up, accompanying me as we quickly went towards my room.

Jake's POV

I groaned softly, as I felt pain in every inch of my body, cold wind brushing my bare skin. I tried to move when suddenly I felt a soft pair of hands touch my torso, where Jihun had stabbed me.

"Don't move. You'll make it worse." A female suddenly spoke. Surprised after listening to an unfamiliar voice, I opened my eyes slowly, my gaze wandering around the room to find something familiar but in vain. Suddenly, I felt throbbing pain in my temples, causing me to shut my eyes close and rest my head back on the pillow.

"Where the heck am I?" I asked, as I squinted, trying look at the female figure who was sitting beside me, her hands quietly working on my injury. I suddenly realised I was shirtless, causing my eyes to widen. "And where the hell is my shirt?!" I asked, horrified, as I raised my upper body with the support of my arms, looking at the female with wide eyes.

She let out a small chuckle, as she shook her head, gently placing her hand on my chest, pushing it down, making me lie on my back flat.

"I had to remove it in order to treat you and save your life." She said, as she turned around, taking a cotton gauge in her hand. "And for your first question, I don't know where this is though..." She said, shrugging her shoulders, as she bent over me, wrapping my torso with the cotton gauge.

"You were kidnapped?" I asked her, my eyebrows furrowed, as I saw her doing her work. She paused, as she let out a deep sigh, nodding slowly.

"I'm a hostage just like you." She said, as she resumed with her work. Soon, she finished, sitting back on her chair with a sigh of relief. I nodded, as my hands instinctively went to my neck, trying to find my chain but to my surprise, my neck was bare.

"I removed this when you were unconscious. Sorry." She said, as she handed my chain back after fishing it out of her pocket. "And I might have pressed the pendent by mistake." She said, with a guilty expression on her face, as she looked at me intently for my reaction.

"Yeah it's alright- wait- How long was I knocked out for?" I asked her, worried, as I thought that Diana must have thought I was dead till this girl in front of me pressed the pendent by mistake.

"More than twenty-four hours maybe? I'm not sure." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

More than twenty-four hours?! They must have thought I was dead by this time...

My heart almost shattered to pieces, when I realised how hard it must have been for Diana to think that I was dead. As I was imagining her state, both of us heard footsteps approaching the room.

"Close your eyes and lie down still." The girl whispered, as she quickly hid the necklace in my hand below the pillow. I nodded, as I did what she said.

"Ms. Park?" A familiar voice spoke, as I heard footsteps enter the room. I immediately recognised that it was Jihun's voice. "How long?" He asked, as he stood beside me.

"I need a few more weeks to heal him completely." The girl stated, her voice monotonous. 

"I don't have time, Ms. Park. And who told you to heal him completely? I just want him such that he is barely alive." Jihun sneered at the female. I quietly clenched the bedsheet in my fist, trying to resist the urge to throw punches at the male.

"Mister, I am here doing my work. If I don't heal him properly, his injury might develop an infection and he will die unlike how you want him, you bitch!" The female snapped, raising her voice at Jihun. Never had I ever thought that such a timid person would have such guts to face the one who had kidnapped her.

"Park Aerum! Don't forget that if I make a call from here, your mother would die just like your fiancé did." Jihun spat. I opened my eyes slightly and saw him harshly grab Aerum's jaw, staring at her with a menancing glare.

"No, not my mother, please." Aerum pleaded, as tears trailed down her cheeks.

"Then you better behave." Jihun said, before harshly leaving her jaw, making Aerum fall on the ground upon the impact.

"Five more days, or else everyone you know is dead, including you." Jihun said, before going out of the room, leaving Aerum on the floor, silently sobbing. Soon she stood up, wiping her tears with the back of her hand, as she walked towards me, cutting the excess bandage. 

"Why?" I asked softly, as I saw tears trailing down her cheek. "Why are you so desperate to save my life, risking yours?" I asked, my gaze at her. She stopped doing whatever she was, as she stared down at the mattress.

"I don't want anyone to loose the one they loved like I did." She spoke softly, as she quickly wiped her tears. "We don't want that to happen, right?" She asked, as she looked up at me, a sad smile on her face, I nodded, as somehow every word of hers hitting me like a bullet.

"It just hurts too much." She muttered, her voice almost a whisper, as I saw her lips quiver. She quickly bit her lip, as she tried not to break down into sobs. "When you see them die in front of your eyes, knowing that you can't possibly do anything to save them."