06 | backup

Yeonjun's POV

I don't know why but I felt restless during the time when Taehyun was out, dropping Diana at her place. I walked to and fro, trying to calm down my restless heart but it didn't seem to work at all.

"Yeonjun, why are you so impatient?" Kai asked while sitting on the sofa, watching me walk around the room visibly worried.

"Nothing." I said, shaking my head slightly and sitting down on the couch beside him. Kai sighed and nodded, lying back on the couch and waiting for the red-haired male to arrive.

"Taehyun should be back by now." Soobin said, looking at the clock which was hanging on the wall, slightly worried at the unexpected delay.

"Something doesn't feel right." I said, shaking my head, as I thought of the possibilities that might have happened to them.

"Wait. I'll call Taehyun." Beomgyu said, as he took out his phone and dialed Taehyun's number. "Shit! He is not answering." Beomgyu added after sometime, stuffing the phone back in his pocket, now clearly worried.

"I'll go and check if everything is fine." I said, getting up to leave.

"Hyung wait. I'll come too." Kai said, as he got up and went down the stairs to bring some guns in case things went sideways.

"I'll stay here with Beomgyu in case someone decides to pay a visit here while we are gone." Soobin said, looking at Beomgyu, who gave a sharp nod in return.

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

I turned the steering wheel, turning around a corner. Kai was sitting beside me in the passenger seat looking out of his window to spot something, as I drove towards Diana's house. We stopped at the side of the road, looking around carefully to see any signs of Diana or Taehyun.

"Holy shit! Yeonjun, there!" Kai said, getting out of the car quickly and running in the direction where I saw someone lying on the ground. I too got out of the car and followed the younger male, who crouched down on his knees and took the unconscious man's hand in his.

"Someone hit Taehyun on the head." Kai said while checking his pulse, as he stared at the injury which was bleeding. I cursed under my breath, wondering who had attacked them.

"Wake him up. I'll check the surroundings." I said, as I walked away to scan the area. I found six men dead out of which five were shot and one stabbed. I checked their belongings and saw that they were from a gang which was one of dad's ally.

"He is awake." Kai called out to to me after a few minutes. I rushed to him and helped Taehyun get up.

"There was an ambush and they kidnapped Diana." Taehyun said, wincing, his eyes closed shut as he touched his wound on his head.

"These were some goons from Scorpions- but I don't understand one thing; scorpions is dad's ally. Why would he get her own daughter kidnapped?" I wondered aloud, staring at the ground while thinking and coming up with a possible reason.

"Maybe he got to know that she is joining us." Kai stated while shrugging his shoulders, not sure about his suggestion. I realised that his statement made sense.

"Diana must know a lot about her Dad's gang. So maybe he didn't want her to join us." Taehyun said before yelling out in pain since Kai had accidently touched his wound. The youngest apologised quickly, embarrassed.

"Her life is in danger then." I said, gasping, as I realised what danger she was in and what could these people potentially do to her.

"They took her alive though. They shot her in the leg." Taehyun said, wincing in pain again while Kai helped him walk but it seemed he had an injury in his leg too.

"They dared to shoot her. If they even touch her, I will flay them alive." I muttered, clutching my gun so hard that my knuckles turned white. Kai nodded, agreeing with me.

"Taehyun is badly injured so we can't get her back right now." Kai stated, looking at Taehyun's head and inspecting the injury whilst earning a nod from me. Together, we walked towards our car in order to go back.

"I know someone. He is my friend and he will surely help us with his gang." Taehyun said while opening one of the door of the passenger seat.

"Who?" I asked him, curious about his friend.

"Heeseung. He can help us get her back with his friends." Taehyun said.

Diana's POV

I woke up in a room, which was lit poorly. I tried to move my hands but they were tied behind the chair I was sitting on. I tried to move my legs too but I cried out in pain when I forced my injured leg to put pressure against the ropes with which my legs were tied to the chair.

"Well, well, well. Look who is awake." I heard a voice speak up. I looked up and saw an unknown male enter the room, grinning. 

"Who are you? Why did you bring me here?" I said, trying to break my hands free but in vain, as the ropes were too tight for me to break free from them.

"Such confidence," The man said, bending in front of me and grabbed my jaws, making me look into his cold eyes. "I like it." He hissed.

"I'll see how much you like it when I bash in your head." I threatened him, raising my eyebrows, as I continued to try to break free from my restrains. The man let out a dark chuckle, as his gaze still rested upon me.

"I don't like over confidence, but I like it on you babygirl." He said and pushed my chin up, bringing his face onto my face level. "How about we have some fun, hmm?" He asked, his face inches apart from me. I spat on his face, trying to get him away from me.

"Touch me and I'll make sure you don't have any babies in future." I said cockily, as I saw him back up and furiously wipe his face, indicating that my trick worked.

"You need to be taught some manners woman!" He shouted, furious, when suddenly I heard gunshots from outside, taking both of us by surprise.