45 | memories hurt

Diana's POV

I was in my room, which I shared with Jake. I sat down on the edge of the bed, sighing, as I looked around the silent room. I took out my phone, when suddenly the lock screen opened up, with a picture of Jake slinging me over his shoulder, laughing, while I punched his back.

How did this picture?- Oh right, he must have changed it when I was not looking.

I chuckled, tears trickling down my face, as I stared at the picture, recalling that night.

Flashback

"Diana!" Jake shouted, as he jumped on the bed, shifting such that he was just beside me. I didn't respond, as I was too busy watching the movie which was going on on the laptop. "I'm bored. You haven't spoken to me since two hours and I feel lonely." He said, pouting, as he slightly pushed my shoulder.

"Aish Jake, keep quiet. The hero is going to get into an accident." I said, my eyes glued to the screen. He sighed, as he stuck his face beside me, looking at the screen.

"What bullshit-" He muttered, as the villain's henchmen crashed into the hero's car.

"Jake, shush!" I shouted, as I clasped my hand over his mouth. I was so into the movie that I couldn't afford to miss a single scene. I felt my hands being moved away from his mouth, as he shifted and sat cross-legged, facing the other way.

"That was a great movie. The actor was just so good. Am I right?" I asked after an hour, shutting the flap of the laptop as I turned around to look at Jake. But to my surprise, I didn't hear any response from him. "Jake?" I called out again, as I shifted, moving towards him and leaning ahead to see his face. He glanced at me, and shifted again so that he was facing away from me.

I almost fell down from the bed, laughing at seeing him give me silent treatment like that. I quickly bit my lip, stopping myself from bursting out into peals of laughter. "Are you mad at me?" I asked him, poking his shoulder, but earning no response. "What did I do?" I asked, making a pouty face.

"Why don't you ask that Derek of yours, huh? He is such a good hero, I bet he must be telepathic too." He said cockily, still facing away from me. I coughed, trying to hide my chuckles, as I failed to believe what I had just heard. 

"Fine, I'm sorry. I was too into the movie to give you some attention." I said, as I moved towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck, but to my surprise, he still didn't give in.

"I'm not talking with you." He said, as he unwrapped my arms from his neck. I sighed, as I shifted towards the edge of the bed, standing up. 

"So you are not talking to me ever again?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow, to which he shook his head. "Alright." I said, nodding, as I tied my hair, ready to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" He asked, as he moved around, looking at me intently. I shrugged my shoulders casually.

"Well, if you are not talking to me, which is like breaking up with me, I'll go to Sunghoon and tell him that we can finally date." I said, casually, causing Jake to gasp.

"First of all, you are not leaving this room. Second, what the heck?!" He said, practically shouting the last line. I sighed, as I shrugged my shoulders again.

"Fine. Sunghoon!" I called out loudly, giving Jake a sideways glance, who quickly stood up as if his ass was on fire. 

"Why was I summoned?" Sunghoon asked, as he stood at our door, looking at me, waiting for my reply. Suddenly, he was pinned to the wall by Jake, his hands on Sunghoon's shoulder.

"You both were a thing behind my back?!" He shouted at Sunghoon, who looked confused, as he looked at me and then at Jake. I snickered, as I backed away slowly.

"What?! I would rather be caught burning my ice skates alive than have a fling with Diana!" He shouted back. Jake removed his grip from his shoulders, as he looked at him, confused. A chuckle slipped out of my lips, causing me to quickly slap my mouth shut but I was too late, as Sunghoon looked at me, shooting glares at my direction.

"Bitch! I almost lost my life because of you! Come here and I'll wring your neck." Sunghoon said, before running towards me. I yelped, as I ran to the other side of the room, jumping over the bed and then making my way towards Jake.

"Jake help me!" I shouted, as I hid behind him.

"This was literally a joke?" Jake asked, still confused, as he looked at Sunghoon who was still playfully glaring at me. He nodded in affirmative.

"Yo boyfriend, help me." I said in a tiny voice, as I poked Jake's shoulder with my finger. He turned around to face me, a wide grin on his face.

"Plot twist, I'm on Sunghoon's side." He said, before bending down and lifting me up, slinging me over his shoulder. I gasped, as moved my legs, punching Jake on his back.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I shouted, but my pleas drowned with the laughter of both of the males. "Mr. Jake Sim I'm going to kill you later for this!" I shouted, as he continued to laugh along with Sunghoon, who was busy clicking pictures, trying to capture my humiliation.

End of Flashback

"Diana?" I heard a voice call out my name. I turned around and saw Jay standing at the door.

"Yeah?" I asked, as I quickly wiped my tears. He sighed, as he walked in, sitting beside me.

"No need to wipe them. I heard you crying a while back." He said, as he wrapped his arms around me. I let out a breathy sigh, as I nodded slowly, tears falling down my face.

"Jay?" I called out softly, causing the male to turn his head and look at me. "When I told you to leave me and let me go and help Jake there, you said you had a promise to keep. What was it?" I asked, as I looked up to face him. He sighed, as he nodded slowly.

"Before we left for the attack, he had made me and Sunghoon promise him that if anything goes wrong, you should be out of every possible danger. We had to make you our priority." He said, looking down at the floor, as I saw tears streaming down his face. 

"What?" I whispered, as tears filled my eyes, making my vision blurry.

"I'm sorry." He said, pulling me into a hug. I cried, letting all of my emotions loose, my heart shattering after listening to Jay.