37 | nightmare

Jake's POV

"Jake?" I suddenly heard someone call out in a really small voice. I opened my eyes and sat up straight, and realised that the sun had already risen but no one had woken up yet. Suddenly, my eyes trailed to Jungwon and I saw him awake, his eyelids half open, as he looked at me.

"You are awake!" I cried out in happiness, as I got up from the chair and engulfed him into a hug, gently holding him as I tried not to hurt him more.

Diana's POV

I walked into a house which was not familiar to me. Even though I tried to turn back and leave the place, my legs walked on, as my hands opened the door automatically and I walked in, as if I had no control over my body.

I got inside, closing the door behind me and stared at the scene in front of me in complete shock. Everyone was there, all battered an bleeding, as they were sitting on the sofa, tears trailing down their faces.

"What happened to you guys?" I asked, worried, as I quickly went towards them. "And by the way, where are we?" I asked, looking around. Sunghoon looked up, confused. I gasped, as I saw the male's face covered with blood and dirt.

"Diana did you forget that we were attacked last night?" He asked, as he stood up, grabbing my shoulders, pain and anger in his eyes. I shook my head, shocked at his statement as I recalled absolutely nothing.

"When did that happen?" I asked, completely shook. I looked around, trying to spot someone but I couldn't find him. "Where's Jake? I need to talk to him." I said, as I pulled away from his grasp. He shook his head, as he sat down on the couch again, burying his face in his hands. My heart almost hammered out of my chest after seeing him like that.

"Sughoon please tell me- where is Jake?" I asked, my voice breaking in between, as tears threatened to fall down my eyes.

"He's gone, Diana. Jungwoo's men got him." He said, before breaking down into sobs.

No...it can't be...

"That's not possible." I muttered, backing away, as tears streamed down my face.

"It is what it is Diana. I'm sorry." Jay said, as he looked at me, his gaze gentle.

No...no...

"No!" I shouted, waking up in cold sweat. I sat up straight, as I realised I had been crying all this time. I took a few deep breaths, as I tried to calm myself down. I looked to my side, hoping to find Jake there but to my surprise, I was on the bed, alone. Suddenly, panic engulfed me, as I quickly climbed down the bed and went out of the room. To my surprise, I saw Jake coming towards our room, smiling.

"Jungwon woke-" He tried to say something but he was cut off when I engulfed him into a hug, crying in his arms as I let my emotions buried within me go loose. He stood there, shocked for a few seconds, before wrapping his strong arms around me, embracing me into a warm hug.

"What happened Diana? Is everything alright?" He asked softly, as he rubbed my back with hs large warm hand, trying to calm me down. I shook my head, as I sniffled.

"It's just something- I just had a nightmare where I had lost you..." I said, my voice muffled, as I spoke into his shoulder.

Jake's POV

What?

"Diana first of all, calm down." I said, as I ran my fingers through her hair slowly. "It was just a nightmare. I didn't go anywhere, see? I'm right here." I spoke softly, as I made the shaken female face me.

"Yes, it's just a nightmare. I shouldn't freak out like that." She muttered, nodding slowly. I smiled softly at her, as I caressed her cheek with my thumb.

"Go downstairs. Jungwon's awake." I told her, smiling. Her eyes widened, as she looked at me happily.

"I'll be right back." She said, before leaving. As soon as she left, I saw Yeonjun hyung come out of his room, yawning.

"Yeonjun, I need to ask you something." I said, as I walked towards him. He nodded, as he indicated me to go ahead. "Diana had a nightmare, where she thought I was gone and she was pretty much shaken about it." I said, sighing. "She came up to me, literally crying." I added, as I looked at the older male for response.

"We both share the same fear, loosing the people we love. After all the things we both have been through, we have really less people who love us, and whom we love back." He said, smiling, as he looked at me. "I try to stay strong but she- well she can't." He said, shaking his head slowly. I nodded slowly, after hearing him out.

"That's why she was so angry yesterday." I said, realising, as everything fit into place correctly.

"Exactly. We are like a family to her and she can't withstand to see any one of us hurt, moreover loose any one." He said, shrugging his shoulders. I sighed, nodding. "Now we should go, we have things to discuss." He said, smiling.

"I'll be right behind you." I said, as I indicated the older male to go ahead. He nodded, as he went downstairs.

Diana's POV

"You know how worried I was?! I broke a pretty little glass in anger. And the next thing was probably your gaming console." I said, as I fake glared at the teenager who was busy drinking soup given by Jay. His eyes widened, as he looked at me in complete shock.

"Oh thank god I woke up or else my poor kids- destroyed before I could clear the last level." He said, shaking his head. I gasped in horror.

"That means you just woke up to clear levels?! Not for us?! Yang Jungwon, we are not talking anymore. Goodbye." I said, acting hurt, as I stood up, ready to leave.

"No! I was joking!" Jungwon whined, as he looked at me with pleading eyes. I chuckled, as I turned back and ruffled his hair.

"I know. I was just teasing you." I said, smiling softly at the younger male, as I booped his nose. He smiled cutely, showing off his dimples.

"And the boyfriend is forgotten." I heard Jake say from the door. I looked behind and saw him wiping his fake tears, as he let out fake sobs.

"The boyfriend is nothing compared to the adorable patient." I said, throwing a dirty look at the male who was standing near the door, trying not to laugh. Jungwon shook his head slowly, as he saw Jake gasped loudly.

"Go to him or else he'll kill me in my sleep." He said, poking my arm lightly. I burst out laughing, as I saw Jake glare playfully at the younger male for exposing him.