43 | heartbreak

Diana's POV

"Gyu take care of him, please." I said, as Beomgyu got into the car, sitting beside Yeonjun, who was lying unconscious. "Choi Yeonjun, you better be alive when I come back home or else I'll smack you in hell." I threatened, as tears streamed down my cheek. Beomgyu smiled at me, as he assured me that everything will be fine.

"You kids get into the car. We'll be right behind." Jay said, as he sent Ni-Ki and Sunoo inside the car. I nodded, as I indicated Kai that he can drive ahead.

"Wait. Jake isn't back yet." Sunghoon said, as he noticed the male missing. My eyes widened, as I whipped my head to look at the place, my heart clenching in fear. "I'll go in." He said with a sharp nod, after which he turned around to go.

"Wait- I'm coming." I said, as I tried to move towards him but one pair of strong hands grabbed my hand, holding me back. I turned my head behind and saw Jay shaking his head, his hands holding mine.

"Sunghoon is going. You are not." He said, as he motioned Sunghoon to go ahead. Sunghoon nodded, as he started running towards the place to bring Jake back. I tried to remove Jay's grip from my hands, causing him to pull me towards him and protectively wrap his hands around me.

"Jay let me go! Jake is in there." I said, resisting, my voice cracking as tears streamed down my face. Jay shook his head, as he ignored my pleas.

"I'm sorry Diana, I have a promise to keep." He said, as his grip around me tightened. I stopped resisting, as I turned around and looked at him, confused.

"What promise-" I asked when suddenly, a loud explosion was heard. I whipped my head around, as I saw the building in flames, Sunghoon on the ground, a few meters away from the burning building. Jay's grip on me loosened suddenly, giving me and opportunity to run towards the building. I stopped in my tracks, when I saw the front door collapse in front of me.

"No..." I muttered, as I fell down on my knees, the burning building in front of me. "Not Jake, please-" I whispered, shocked, as I closed my eyes, breaking down into loud sobs. Suddenly, I felt two warm arms wrap around me, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry Diana, I'm so sorry." Sunghoon spoke softly in my ear, as he swayed me in his arms, tears streaming down his face. I clutched at his t-shirt, as I cried bitterly against his chest.

"Sunghoon, tell me this is not real." I said, as I sobbed loudly, breaking down completely. "Please tell me he escaped, please say he is standing behind me right now." I cried, as tears streamed down my face, my eyes closed. Sunghoon shook his head, as he pulled me closer to him.

"No..." He said, as he left out a soft sob. "He's g-gone Diana, he's not here." He said, as he ran his fingers through my hair. 

"I should have been the one in his place." I sobbed. "But he sent me outside and stayed in to help Junie..." I wept, as tears fell down from my eyes for all they were worth. "He saved me Sunghoon, he gave up his life for me." I cried bitterly, causing the male to move apart from me and bend down, wiping my tears.

"He gave his life for you, yeah?" He said, nodding, as he made me look at him. I nodded slowly, as I let out small sobs. "Then please don't break down like this Diana, he would never want to see you crying so much." He said, causing me to break down crying again. He leaned forward, as he pulled me into a hug again, running his fingers through my hair, trying to calm me down, as I rested my head on his shoulders and cried hard.

Jay's POV

I quickly wiped my tears, as I walked up to the two people, who were crying in each other's arms. I crouched down, as I placed my hand on Diana's shoulder.

"Diana we need to go, come on." I said softly, causing Sunghoon to look up at me. He nodded, as he looked down at Diana, who was still crying softly, telling her something in her ear. I stood up straight, as I turned around to call Jungwon down but to my surprise, he was running towards me, his sniper gun in his hand.

"Jay, where's Jake?" He asked, worried, as he looked at Sunghoon, who was still talking to Diana, as if he was explaining Diana something. I brought my fist to my mouth, trying to hold back my sobs, as I slowly shook my head.

"No- that's not possible." Jungwon said, his eyes wide, as he shook his head slowly, back-tracing his path, as his gun fell out of his hand. He turned his head to look at Diana, who was slowly getting up, as Sunghoon helped her stand up.

I walked ahead, as I wrapped my arms around him, causing him to let out a loud sob into my shoulder. "We need to leave, yeah? And tell the others too..." I said, as I gently patted his head, as he cried softly. He nodded, as he pulled back, sniffling.

Yeonjun's POV

I shifted, as sunlight fell on my face, waking me up from my slumber. I opened my eyes, squinting, as I looked around.

I never knew hell was so pretty, damn.

I hissed in pain as I tried to move, causing me to lie down back again.

Oh great, I'm alive then. 

"Yeonjun?" I heard a voice speak up. I turned my head around and saw Kai looking at me, sleepy, as he sat on a chair.

"Hi." I said, smiling, as I gave a small wave. He gasped, as he rushed forward, engulfing me into a hug. "Oh god careful, careful." I told him, as I removed his hands which was right above my injury. He yelped, as he sprang back, apologising.

"I'll call Diana and everyone." He said, as he quickly went out of the room to call everyone. I sighed, as I tried to shift in my place such that I was sitting up slightly, my back rested on the headboard. Suddenly, Diana came in, running, tears streaming down her face. I was expecting her to hug or something, but to my surprise, the first thing she did was flick my forehead, causing me to yelp in pain.

"Idiot! You literally fell unconscious, joking." She said, as she glared at me. "And then you decide to wake up after keeping me awake, worried, the entire night?!" She yelled, after which letting out a small sob and wrapping her arms gently around me, causing me to chuckle.

"I was so worried- I thought I lost you too." She spoke into my shoulder, as I patted her head.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said, chuckling, as she pulled back when suddenly, I realised what she had said. "Diana, whom did you loose?" I asked, as I looked at the female who sat down on the edge of the mattress. She looked down, staring at her hand.

"Diana, answer me!" I demanded, as I looked at her intently, my heart clenched in fear. Tears began streaming down her face, as she took a deep breath to speak.

"Jake's gone Junie, he didn't make it."