50 | similarity

Yeonjun's POV

"That's all I have to say." The Aerum said, as she stood up. I nodded, as I stood up along with her. "And I wanted a favour..." She said shyly, as she looked down at her hands, embarrassed.

"Yeah sure, go ahead." I said, smiling. She looked up, smiling at me when suddenly, I saw her smile falter, but she quickly gathered herself together for the sake of being polite.

"I need a lift. My house is pretty far from here" She said, shrugging her shoulders, causing me and Diana to burst out chuckling.

"Yeonjun will drop you." Diana said, as she poked my arm. "Excuse me, but I need to do something." She said, as she left us, walking towards the guys who were standing a bit far away from us, discussing about what Aerum had just said.

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

"Is there something wrong?" I asked suddenly, breaking the silence, my eyes on the road, driving ahead, as I glanced at her and saw her silently looking out of the window.

"What?" Aerum asked, as she looked at me, confusion visible all over her face.

"You smile falters whenever you look at me, as if there is some conflict." I said, as I glanced at her again, only to see her sitting quietly in her seat, looking down.

"You remind me of my fiancé." She said, sighing, as she turned her head around and continued to look out of the window. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, as I turned the steering wheel, taking a right turn.

"Did he-" I tried to say but she cut me off.

"No. He's dead, thanks to Jihun." She said, her voice bitter. I let out a silent gasp, as I turned my head to glance at her again.

"I'm so sorry- Should I tell someone to replace me later?-" I said, as I felt that I might be unintentionally hurting her. She shook her head, as she looked at me.

"No, it's absolutely fine. Don't worry." She said, smiling. I nodded, as I let out a small sigh of relief, comfortable silence falling between us. "By the way thanks for the compliment back there." She said after sometime, breaking the silence.

"What?" I asked, as I internally panicked but managed to keep my cool on the outside.

Is this woman telepathic?

"You know, when you were telling Diana I don't look suspicious-" She said, purposely trailing off, as I saw her bite her lip, trying to suppress her chuckles.

Great, just great. God, what did I do to get exposed like that?

Blush crept into my cheeks, as I cleared my throat abruptly, trying to keep my focus on the road. "Uh- I- your welcome." I managed to choke out, causing the female beside me to burst out laughing.

"That left and then we arrive." She said, indicating towards the exit, chuckles still leaving her mouth.

Aerum's POV

"I live here with my mom." I said, as I looked behind at the yellow haired male, who was busy looking around the house. "You can go back if you want. Otherwise, why not have a cup of coffee?" I asked, smiling. Yeonjun hummed in response, as he looked back at me.

"It's alright. I should leave as others might be waiting for me." He said, smiling, his eyes forming crescents. "And thank you for the offer." He added. I nodded, smiling as I turned the knob, opening the door.

"I'm back home- mother!"

Jake's POV

"Are you sure Diana will come back for him?" I suddenly heard a female voice speak. I opened my eyes, trying to move my hands but they seemed to be tied to something. I looked down, and realised that my hands and legs were tied to a wooden chair. I cursed under my breath, as I looked around to see myself in a poorly-lit room, which only had a table in the centre. My heart clenched in fear, as I realised what was the purpose of this room.

"They want to ask questions...." I muttered, as I took in a deep breath, trying to reach the knot of the rope with my fingers so that I could free myself but unfortunately, it was out of my reach.

"He is her boyfriend, mother. As far as I know her, she would come here to rescue him. I can bet my life on it." I suddenly heard a familiar voice speak. I gritted my teeth in anger, as I recognised that voice.

Jihun.

"I swear I'll make you pay for this." I muttered in anger, as I shifted in my chair, trying to break free. Suddenly the chair creaked, making a loud noise and causing the two shadows outside to fall silent.

"Well, look who decided to wake up after being drugged." The female voice spoke, her voice cold and fierce. "Jihun, you probably messed up with the quantity I think." She said, as a dark chuckle left her mouth. I squinted my eyes, as I tried to see her face but in vain, the poor lighting making it nearly impossible to see her facial features clearly.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, my question pointed at the lady in front of me. She chuckled, as she walked closer, placing her hand on my chin and lifting it up.

"They never knew my identity son. And they probably never will as I have too many of them for the others to keep up with." She sneered, as she took her hand away from my face. Even though I couldn't see her face, it was obvious that her eyes were on me.

"Don't waste you time talking to  him, mom. I'll take care of him."