51 | failed plan

Diana's POV

"I can't believe he did that. After all these years- I trusted him." I said, sighing, as my voice cracked. Yeonjun exhaled deeply, which could be clearly heard from the other side of the call.

"Diana, he killed Aerum's mother too. Just because Aerum refused to cooperate before when she was kidnapped. He is the reason behind the death of her loved ones Diana, and I'm afraid he won't hesistate to hurt others like this. He built this trust only to break it." He spoke softly, as he tried to explain me. I nodded, as I buried my face in my hands, heartbroken.

"How is Aerum?" I asked after sometime. 

"I don't know. She received a huge shock." He said, sorrow evident in his voice. "I consoled her but she is really quiet and I have no idea what is going on in her mind right now." He added, sighing.

"Where is she?" I asked, worried about the female's mental state.

"Beside me. Cried herself to sleep some time back." He spoke softly. I nodded, as I bit my lip, thinking. "I think I'll come back later or tomorrow. I can't leave her like this. It's too dangerous." He spoke after sometime, breaking the silence.

"That's the best thing one can do right now. I'll discuss with the others about what she said, alright?" I said, as I waited, patiently for him to reply.

"Yes. I'll call you later." Yeonjun said, after which he cut the call. I sighed, as I threw the phone beside me, on the bed, thinking about a plan to get back Jake when suddenly, my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID and realised that Hyunjae was calling.

"Yeah?" I said, as soon as I picked up the call.

"We got information about the location." He said, as soon as he heard my voice. I waited silently, as I gave him permission to go ahead. "That building is one of your dad's properties, which was given to Jihun. Luckily, we have the entire layout of the place, and most of your Dad's men, who were on our side, know the place." He explained slowly, before pausing for a few seconds. "What do we do now, Diana?" He asked, eager to hear my reply to this.

"Tell the men to be on standby. We might need them for another attack."

Jake's POV

"Our plan failed because of you. You know how much time that plan had taken to reach this point? Years! It had taken bloody years to reach here and on the final day, you ruined it." The lady sneered, as she slammed her hands on the table in front of me. I blinked a few times, as I saw blood trickling down my face, falling on my lap, feeling a bit dizzy after being beaten up for sometime. I sighed, as I looked up, facing her.

"I never knew your plan, but not gonna lie, I'm really proud after knowing that I have ruined it." I said, looking down, as I chuckled darkly. "You got what you deserved, you old hag. I have no regrets." I spat, as I looked her in the face, glaring at her.

"I want to kill him right now for insulting you." Jihun said, as he glared at me, cracking his knuckles. The woman kept her hand on his shoulder, as she turned her head to look at me.

"No. We need him to bring Diana here." She said, as she walked ahead, crouching down such that she was at my face level. "Now, if you want your girlfriend to live later, tell me how many men should we expect?" She asked, her voice unnaturally calm. I stared back at her cold and dark eyes, as I threw glares in her direction.

"Whatever the number is, I am sure that she will manage to beat you, and your pathetic son's ass." I said, my voice low and laced with anger and hatred. "Now if you excuse me, I need some fresh air because the amount of trash you and your son here are speaking, is blocking my nose." I spat, a smirk tugging my lips. The lady sighed, disappointed, as she stood up straight. Suddenly, I felt a tight slap on my cheeks, making me look sideways, my skin tingling due to the force at which her hand had hit my face.

"You will not speak, am I right?" She asked, her voice cold. "So be it. And I promise that, the day I get hold of Diana, I make sure that I kill her in front of you, no matter whether you like it or not." She sneered, her voice almost a whisper as she said the last line.

Yeonjun's POV

"Are you sure?" I asked Aerum, surprised at what she had just told me. She nodded, as she stared down at the floor, clutching the bed sheet harshly in her hand.

"I can't live on knowing that the man behind my mother's and Youngjae's death, is living or knowing, that he is going to be killed by some other people whom I never knew before in my life." She said, anger clearly evident in her voice. I sighed, as I nodded slowly, agreeing to what she said.

"You are right. It would be unfair on our part." I said, as I turned my head to look at her. "I have to take you back in case Jihun's men decide to hurt you for any reason. And then from there, we can attack." I added, as I stood up from the edge of the bed, turning back to look at her, as I stretched out my hand. She looked at my hand, after which she looked at me, her eyes twinkling in excitement.

"Let's make him pay together." She said  as she wrapped her hand around mine, getting up. I smiled, nodding, internally appreciating the courage she had shown all this time. 

"Pack your things, we are leaving in sometime."