59 | rightful place

Diana's POV

"Why that long face?" I asked, chuckling, as I sat beside Yeonjun. He let out a small chuckle, as he slowly shook is head.

"Nothing. Just thinking something." He said, as he let out a deep sigh. I smiled, as I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

"About Aerum?" I asked softly, as I looked at him intently for his response. He nodded, as he looked down at his hands. 

"It hurts knowing I can't see her anymore." He spoke softly, as he continued to look down. "I miss her." He added, as he took a deep breath, sorrow evident in his voice.

"I know." I said, as I rested my head on his shoulder. "I miss her too. She was a really good person." I said, as I sighed. Yeonjun nodded, as he smiled softly at me.

"We are leaving tomorrow. It has been three days since we attacked at Jihun's place. We can't stay here any longer." He said, as he ruffled my hair, smiling. I nodded, as I looked down, a bit disappointed at the fact that TXT had to leave soon.

"I understand. You have your own things to take care of." I said, sighing, disappointment evident in my voice. We sat there like that n each other's arms, as comfortable silence filled the room.

"By the way," Yeonjun spoke up, breaking the silence. "About the offer I have given you before. It's still open if you want to take it." He said, as he looked down at me, smiling. I let out a small sigh, as I shook my head.

"I think I'll pass." I said softly, as I stared down at the floor. Yeonjun chuckled, as he nodded slowly.

"That's the answer I wanted to hear." He said, as he softly pecked my forehead. I looked up at him, completely confused.

"You knew I am not going to join TXT?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders casually, as he shook his head slowly.

"I was not sure but I had a feeling that you won't do it." He said, smiling. "After all, I know you since we were kids. So I can say that I knew you wanted to do something different than joining a mafia." He said, as he patted my shoulder softly. "Or maybe greater. After all I raised you." He said, as he flipped his non-existence hair, making me burst out laughing at his behaviour.

"Shut up. I raised myself." I said, as I folded my arms across my chest, putting up a proud expression. Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows, as he looked at me, scrunching his nose, clearly mad at my statement. "Okay fine, the credits goes to you." I said, giving up, as I facepalmed.

"You can't resist my charms." He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes, as I flicked his forehead slightly.

"I don't want a whiny grown up baby on my side." I said, raising my eyebrow, as I playfully glared at him. He rolled his eyes at me, as he muttered a few curses under his breath.

"Shut up." He said, as he stood up from his place, which resulted in me bursting out laughing. 

Jake's POV

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, damn I'm going to miss you." Diana said, as she hugged Yeonjun, who was standing at the door, ready to leave.

"I am going to miss you too." He said, as he ruffled her hair. She smiled, as pulled apart, as she stood beside me.

"You better come to visit us or else I'm killing you." Beomgyu said, as he playfully glared at Diana. She chuckled, as she nodded. 

"Anyways, thank you for helping us." Soobin said, as he looked at us all. We all were near the main door, as we bade them goodbye.

"Of course. Anytime." Heeseung said, smiling. Soon, the five of them left, leaving us alone along with Diana.

Diana's POV

"What are you going to do now?" Jake asked, as he played with my hair. I turned around to face him, my head on his chest as we both lied down on the bed in our room.

"I'm leaving." I declared, as I looked at him intently for his reaction. He furrowed his eyebrows, as he looked at me confused.

"You are joining your brother's group?" He asked, confused. I smiled, as I shook my head.

"No. I am going back where I am supposed to be."

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

I walked towards a building as I recalled my call with Hyunjae.

Flashback

"But Diana, I think it's time for you to come back." He said, trying to persuade me. I sighed, as I bit my lip, thinking hard.

"I think I have an idea." I said, as I stared down at the floor thinking. "You handle the mafia and the company for now. As soon as we get Jake back, I'll take it over from you." I said, as I sat silently, waiting for his response.

"That's exactly what I wanted. The mafia will be in good hands when you take over it." He said proudly, joy clearly evident in his voice. I chuckled, as I shook my head.

"Come on, you are a good mafia boss too. You have worked with us for so long." I said, chuckling. I heard him chuckled from the other side.

"No Diana. You are the one the mafia needs right now. I can never run it like you." He said, as he stopped chuckling. "So what do I do now?" He asked from the other side, pausing, as he waited for my command.

"Take in charge till I come. Try gathering back all the men which were dispersed after the war and set up the mafia again. I'll do the rest when I come back." I said, smiling to myself. Hyunjae hummed in response, as he chuckled softly.

"I'll be waiting for your future instructions, Choi Diana. It's a pleasure serving you."

End of flashback

I entered the building, after which soon, I encountered Hyunjae who was on a call with someone. He looked at me, smiling, as he quickly spoke something into the call and ended it.

"Is everything ready?" I asked him, as I looked around and saw quite a lot of familiar faces, who were busy doing their work.

"We were only waiting for you, Diana. It's time for you to take charge of the Choi mafia."

━━━━━(The End)━━━━━

A/N

edit: so I actually deleted all my author notes in the end of the chapters because of wattys 😭

edit(2022): I'M SORRY IF YOU CRINGED WHILE READING THIS KMPPP

anyways, all those behind the screen right now- yes, I am talking to you- thank you so much for reading this book and supporting it, it truly means a lot. This book has been my first in so many ways that I have an emotional attachment to it.

Whatever this book is, wherever it's position is, I want to dedicate it to my readers, seriously. Also- enough of emotional talk-

Y'all this book was so freaking long my fingers are broken omg- but I guess it was worth it 😂

and- omfg I did not know my readers could make my comment section a crack content encyclopedia like- you guys owe me lungs and a stomach -.-

anyways- hope you guys enjoyed this book (I enjoyed writing it a lot tbh, it was a roller coaster of emotions) thank you so much again for reading this (and sorry that you could not read my crack A/Ns but not that I complain oop-)

love you guys mwah