44 | her family

Yeonjun's POV

Having said that, Diana broke down sobbing, as she buried her face in her hands, tears trickling down her arms and falling on the bedsheet.

"How?" I asked, my voice almost a whisper, as I looked at her, shocked. "He was right there when I last saw him..." I said, not being able to fathom that the young male had given his life for us. 

"I know. Everything happened too quickly." She trailed off, as she cried. I nodded slowly, as tears streamed down my face.

"Come here." I told her, stretching out my arms. She let out a loud sob, before wrapping her arms around me, letting out her emotions loose, as I gently rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

"Shh, it's alright." I spoke softly, as I ran my fingers through her hair, while she cried bitterly in my arms.

Flashback

I was crossing Dad's room, making my way to my own when I saw Diana, her haired tied in two ponies, as she tugged at Dad's coat, grabbing his attention.

"Daddy, who is this pretty lady in this picture?" She asked, curious, as she pointed at the photo frame with her small hands. Dad furrowed his eyebrows, as he crouched down, taking the picture in his hands, Diana quietly following his every action.

"She is your real mother Diana, the prettiest lady I have ever seen." Dad said, as he stroked the framed picture lovingly. Diana gasped as she stared at Dad.

"Where is she now? Does mother know about her? Are they both friends-" Diana asked, curious, but before she could continue, Dad cut her off. I hid behind the wall, as I saw everything.

"She's dead Diana, gone." He said, as tears streamed down his face. "She's dead because of you." He sneered, as he looked at her, angry.

"What? But-" Diana said, as she looked at the picture and then at Dad, soft sobs escaping from her mouth.

"I'm telling the truth Diana, now get out from here." Dad said, turning around to leave, leaving behind the small girl wide-eyed and in tears. I turned around, running to my room before anyone could realise that I have heard the whole conversation.

I reached my room, panting for breath, as I climbed up on my bed, thinking. Suddenly, I heard Diana approaching my room, crying. I turned my head around and saw her small figure at the door, clutching the helm of her t-shirt, tears streaming down her face.

"Junie, did I kill my own mother?" She asked softly, as she looked at me intently, soft sobs escaping her mouth. I motioned her to come towards me, to which she walked ahead, climbing up on the bed and sitting beside me, her head hanging down, as she sniffled. I smiled softly, as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Don't believe in what your Dad says, okay? You didn't kill anyone." I spoke softly, as I played with her hair. She broke down crying, as she buried her face in her hands.

"What did I ever do to make him so angry at me?" She sobbed, causing my heart to break in pieces. "I see all my friends being loved by their parents, getting gifts, hugs, goodnight kisses, everything whereas there is me...." She trailed off, as she cried harder. I hugged her tightly, as I gently patted her head.

"It's okay. I'm here right? I'll take care of you." I said, as Diana continued to cry into my shoulder. We sat there for a long time, as she cried herself to sleep in my arms.

End of Flashback

I looked down, as I saw Diana sleeping, her arms wrapped around my neck, her head rested on my shoulder, her cheeks tear stained. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door and saw Heeseung standing there, looking at us. I nodded, smiling, as I motioned him to come in.

"How are you?" He asked, as he sat on the chair which was kept beside the chair. 

"Better." I said, nodding, as I gently patted Diana's back, as she slept. He looked at her, a small sad smile on his face.

"She kept crying the entire night and worrying about you. Hasn't eaten a thing since Jake died." He said, sighing. I let out a small gasp, as I looked at Diana's face and realised that she was paler than usual.

"She'll fall sick if this continues." I said, as I looked at him, worried. He shrugged his shoulders, nodding.

"We all tried but she would deny. We thought of leaving her alone, keeping food in her room but it would be left untouched. She is taking it really heavily on her." He said, as his gaze turned to Diana. "I won't be surprised if she passes out like this." He said softly, sighing.

"No, don't say that. I'll explain it to her." I said, shaking my head. Heeseung nodded, after which he took leave.

Diana's POV

"Eat it. Don't keep on staring at the plate." Yeonjun said, as he poked me in my arm. I sighed, as I continued to look at the plate, which was filled with freshly cut fruits.

"No I don't want to." I said, pushing the plate away from me. Yeonjun sighed, as he pushed the plate back in front of me.

"You eat it or else I'll stop eating." He declared, as he glared at me. I sighed, shaking my head. "Diana I'm serious. I'll throw away my candy stash too." He said, as glared at me some more. My eyes widened, as I stared at him.

"You'll throw away your wife?!" I asked him, surprised, causing him to facepalm.

"I raised you perfectly, yep. Now eat that." He said, chuckling. I sighed, giving in, as I brought myself to eat what was kept in front of me.

"I'm killing you after this." I muttered, my mouth full of food. Yeonjun laughed, which earned him a smack from me.

"That's the Diana I know." He said, chuckling.