57 | guilt

Diana's POV

I fell down on my knees in front of Jake, as I leaned ahead, untying the cloth from behind his mouth which was used to gag him.

"What have they done to you?" I spoke softly, tears streaming down my face as I softly caressed Jake's face with my thumb, my hand resting over his cheek. He smiled, tears glistening in his eyes. I stared at his face for a few more seconds, before looking down as I began untying his hands.

"You picked up a gun for us." He said, smiling, as I was busy untying his hands.

"So what?" I said, sniffling, as I let out a breathy chuckle, looking up at him. "It does not make you any special." I said, chuckling, as I untied his other hand.

"Oh, shut up." He said, before he cupped my face, pulling me into a kiss. I immediately responded back, as I my hands gripped his nape, my fingers snaking into his hair while he rested one of his hands on my waist, the other on the back of my head. "I am so happy that you overcame your fear." He said, as he pulled back, our foreheads still touching. I realised he was actually crying, as I saw tears falling down his eyes, trailing down his cheeks.

"Anything for you." I said, chuckling, as tears of joy fell down my eyes. He smiled, as he looked at me intently, with pure affection and pride.

"Now untie my legs and go and make Jihun pay for what he did."

Aerum's POV

"You backstabbing piece of shit! I hate you! You don't deserve anything in this world!" Diana yelled, as she spun around kicked Jihun in the face, causing him to stumble back and fall down on the ground. She landed on him, as she rained punches while cursing at him.

"Diana, wait!" I shouted, as I held her back, preventing her arms to catch hold of Jihun, ready to choke him to death. "Let me do this, please." I pleaded, as I held back the angry female.

"Aerum, he betrayed me!" Diana protested, as she tried to lunge forward at Jihun, who was just cowering in fear, afraid of the angry female.

"Diana let him go. Let Aerum do it." Yeonjun's voice was suddenly heard. I turned my head around and saw him standing by the door, as he helped Jake stand on his feet. "She has been waiting for this." He added, as he nodded towards me. Diana calmed down, as she nodded.

"I am going to regret not killing you." She sneered, as she stood up. She gave a quick nod towards me, as she rushed towards Yeonjun and wrapped one of Jake's arms around her shoulder, helping Yeonjun divide his weight. I saw the three of them leave, as they went to drop Jake in the car.

I sighed, as I gripped the gun in my hand and turned around, looking at the male on the floor who was coughing, trying to stand up.

"This is for Younjae." I said, as I pressed the trigger and shot him in his leg, a blood curling scream erupting from his mouth, as he fell back on the ground.

"No..." He stuttered, as he moved back with the help of his hands.

"This is for my mother." I said, anger and hatred evident in my voice, as I pressed the trigger again, shooting him in the other leg, causing another blood curling scream to erupt from his mouth.

"This is for betraying all the people who trusted you." I said, tears falling down my face, as I shot him in the hand. "This is for all the innocent people you have killed." I said, as I shot again in his other hand.

"And this," I said, as I pointed my gun at his head, tears trailing down my face as I glared at the male who looked at me, completely frightened. "Is because karma's a bitch." I said, before pressing the trigger, the bullet going straight through his head, instantly killing him, as his body went limp, his eyes wide open, horror and fear clearly evident in those lifeless eyes.

I fell down on my knees, as I broke down crying, the gun trembling in my hand as I mourned for Youngjae and my mother. After a few minutes, I wiped my tears, standing up, as I put the gun against my forehead, closing my eyes.

"And this, is for me."

Yeonjun's POV

"You stay here, I'll bring back Aerum." I told Diana, as I quickly went inside, making my way to the room where I had left her. I stopped in my tracks, when I saw her placing the against her forehead.

"Aerum no!" I shouted, as I tried to run towards her, but she slowly backed away, shaking her head.

"Yeonjun don't. Don't move or else I'll shoot myself right now." She said, her voice unnaturally calm, as tears streamed down her face. I collapsed on my knees, as I felt tears trickle down my face.

"Don't do this, please." I said, my voice pleading, as I looked at her. She gave me a small smile, as she shook her head slowly.

"I'm sorry Yeonjun. I can't live on with the guilt." She said, as she sobbed softly. I shook my head, as I took in a shaky breath, trying not to break down sobbing.

"No Aerum. That day, you said I always provided you support whenever you needed after Younjae's death. Then please, I'll do that forever. I help you live through the guilt." I said, as tears streamed down my face, falling on the ground, my heart clenching in sorrow.

"The burning fire within me, to avenge the death of my mother and Jae gave me the will to live. I broke into pieces the day I lost my mother, it was too much for me." She said, her voice shaky as she looked at me. I looked down, as I closed my eyes and let out a soft sob. "The glued pieces of the ceramic vase can't stay together for long, Yeonjun. It's bound to break one day. I'm afraid today is the day." She said, as she closed her eyes, sobbing silently.

"No," I said, as I quickly wiped my tears, looking up at her. "I'll keep the vase safe, knowing how precious it is. I'll make sure that no harm comes to it so that it remains intact." I said, as I looked at Aerum intently. "Please don't do this." I said, my voice barely a whisper, as I looked down, letting my tears fall for all they were worth.

"Yeonjun, look at me." Aerum said, her voice calm as if she was talking to a child. I looked up, as I saw her looking at me intently, her gaze soft. "I know how much I mean to you, you mean to me..." She trailed off, as she wiped her cheek. "I have no regrets right now, and please let me go before I have any." She said, as she let out a small sob, her eyes still on me. "I was never the one you were meant to be with, Yeonjun. You deserve more." She added, as she looked at me intently, a small sad smile on her face.

I looked down at the floor, as I finally nodded, giving in, tears never seem to stop flowing down my eyes. I heard Aerum chuckle softly from ahead.

"You are a great man, Yeonjun. No one ever does this to the one they love. Please forgive me for I couldn't return the love back, as Youngjae still owns my heart. I hope you forgive me later." She said, her voice wavering a bit. I let out a loud sob, as I nodded when suddenly I heard a loud gunshot, followed by a soft thud.