53 | one last hope

Diana's POV

"You will stay with me all the time." Yeonjun said, as he strapped a knife to his belt. I clicked my tongue, highly annoyed by what the male had just said.

"Junie, I'm not a kid-" I protested but stopped in the middle of the sentence after receiving a glare from the yellow haired male.

"Jihun is really cruel and I have no faith in him at all. So you are sticking with me Choi Diana, whether you like it or not." He stated, looking at me, anger clearly visible in his eyes as he waited for my response. I nodded, defeated, as I strapped on my quiver.

"Did I just see-" Soobin said, his eyes wide, as he pointed at us both, completely shocked by what happened just now. Yeonjun rolled his eyes at him, as he went out of the room to check on others. 

"He is pretty scary when he is angry." I said, shrugging my shoulders, as I looked at the tall male who was still wide eyed.

"Remind me never to mess with him." Soobin said, causing me to burst out laughing at his scared figure.

Jake's POV

"What should we do next? The situation is too quiet for my need." I heard Jihun speak to someone. I opened my eyes, trying to avoid the throbbing pain in the place where I was stabbed, as I looked up to see Jihun standing as the door, talking to his mother, his back faced towards me.

"We must stand strong. We can't let them get us." Jihun's mother said, as she looked at her son.

"But we don't have much men. Most of ours were killed at Jungwoo's place when Diana attacked there." Jihun said, causing my eyes to widen.

What the- 

"You had tried hard to bring Jungwoo's men on our side, didn't you?" His mother spoke, as she looked fondly at Jihun. He sighed, as he nodded slowly.

"It had taken years..." He said, defeated. His mother smiled, as she patted his shoulder lightly, cheering him up.

"Don't worry dear, we will beat them." She said, smiling. Jihun sighed, as he looked down at the floor, probably thinking something.

"What about your son?" He suddenly asked. "How will you face him?" He added, as he  looked up at her. I saw her stiffen, as she stared blankly at Jihun.

"He never turned out how I wanted him to be. I'll take care of him when he comes here." She said, hate evident in her voice. I silently gasped, as I heard their conversation.

One of us is her son?! How is that even possible? It can't be-

"What about him?" Jihun asked her. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be unconscious as I realised that they were talking about me.

"We'll kill him along with Diana and her friends. Don't worry about that."

Yeonjun's POV

"Just keep this with you just in case." I said, as I handed Aerum a loaded gun. She nodded, as she took it from my hands. "You know how to use it right?" I asked, as I looked at her, waiting for her response.

We were in our cars, which were parked near the location where we were going to attack, as we waited for the night to deepen more.

"Don't worry. My uncle taught me shooting so I am a crack shot." She said, smiling, trying to assure me. I nodded, as I loaded my gun, waiting for the indication.

"Just shout for us if you need help. Someone will come to you." I said, as I looked at her, worried about her safety. She chuckled, as she gently kept her hand on mine, trying to assure me.

"I'll be fine Jae- Yeonjun." She said, before her eyes widened, as she quickly shifted, clearing her throat abruptly. "Sorry I got distracted." She quickly apologised. I nodded, putting a smile on my face even though I felt my heart ache, after I heard her take her dead fiancé's name when she was talking to me.

"It's alright. I can understand your feelings." I said, trying to assure her. She looked at me, a bit shocked, which she quickly hid it, as she nodded slowly, looking away. Suddenly Kai's phone started ringing. I saw him quickly take out his phone from his pocket, as he picked up the call.

"Alright." He said, before he kept down his phone, cutting the call. "Diana called. We are going in." He said, as he looked behind, looking at us. 

Jake's POV

I was sitting alone in the room, still tied to the chair as two men guarded the door of my room, Jihun and his mother already retired to bed.

I hissed in pain as soon as I tried to move. I looked down and saw my shirt soaked with my blood, which was supposedly due to the stabbed wound which had not healed yet.

Oh god, at this rate I will never make out alive from here. Diana, where are you?

I tried to shift a bit such that I was sitting in my chair, comfortably, as I rested my head on the back-rest of the chair, closing my eyes as I tried to ignore the pain caused by my aching body, feeling as if life and energy was slowly draining out of this mortal body.

I was about to drift off to sleep when suddenly there was a loud crash, followed by numerous gunshots and men yelling from every direction. I opened my eyes, as I looked ahead and saw the men who were standing near the door, run to the main door.

What the hell is happening?

I was about to try freeing myself from the restrains again when I heard a familiar voice.

"I am going in to find Jake!" Diana shouted from somewhere far away. My eyes widened, my heart filled with joy, as I realised she had attacked this place to get me back.

"Diana! Over-" I tried to shout when suddenly a hand clasped over my mouth, stopping me from doing so.

"Oh no honey, we are going to wait her till your girlfriend finds you herself." Jihun's mother said, as she quickly took out a piece of cloth, tying around my mouth, gagging me. 

"Now be a good boy and sit still. Or else I'll kill your friends, right in front of you. You wouldn't want that, would you?"