𝘼𝙣 𝙊𝙖𝙩𝙝

54 HOURS EARLIER

54 HOURS EARLIER...

Camilla's breathing is heavy as she practically paces a hole in Alaric's office floor.

"We have to do something Ric. We have to do something now!" She pulls her hair in frustration, but deep down she was petrified.

Was she leaving her babies to deal with the merge all alone?

"I don't think there's anything we can do right now Cami." Alaric sighs as he rubs the prominent stress lines on his forehead. "We've been trying to find a solution to the merge for over sixteen years, caroline has traveled to almost every country and coven she could find and has come up empty handed."

"I-I can't die knowing that I'm leaving them to suffer." She crosses her arms and turns her body away from him to avoid his sympathetic expression.

"I don't like it anymore than you do Cami." He leans forward to rest a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I mean we have possibly the most powerful witches alive right here in this building doing their best and they can't find anything. What I can promise you is that they will have all of us trying to prevent it from happening until the very day. God forbid that day ever comes... we'll be there for that as well."

Camilla wipes a small tear that had fallen down her cheek and shakes her head. "I just feel like I'm letting them down."

Alaric forces her body to face him by gently turning her shoulders. "You are the best mother they could've ever hoped for. I loved Jo so much Cami but you are a phenomenal mother and I wouldn't have had anything happen any other way. The circumstances we are in aren't ideal in anyway but we live in Mystic Falls, they never are." He tries to lighten the mood but only receives a small and silent chuckle.

As she tries to gather herself there's a knock on the office door and they both watch as Klaus's head peeps in. "I've been told I was needed."

Alaric nods his head muttering a small, 'I'll give you some privacy.'

Klaus' face drops when he notices his beautiful girlfriends face flushed with sadness. Quickly speeding up the four steps it would've taken him he brings her into a tight embrace. "What's wrong, love?"

"We were just talking about the merge." She lowly whispers, Klaus cuddles into her more once she lays her head back into his chest.

He slowly nods his head in understanding. "They'll be okay."

Looking up he almost cries at the innocent pout adoring her face. "But how do you know?"

"Freya is a thousand year old witch, old school but clever. Davina is a harvest witch who has survived the French quarter witches whom I must say, are quite dangerous. Bonnie Bennett is well, a Bennett. And I hope you haven't forgotten we have two tribrid children with power they haven't even begun to unleash." He finishes with a small smile. "Trust me when I say that when your family is in danger you grow about three feet taller with a lot more willpower."