𝑴𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮

It had been months since the death and burial of Camilla Forbes

It had been months since the death and burial of Camilla Forbes. The school was always silent and the children kept their heads down in respect and in grief of their fallen Head Master.

Alaric spent his days trying to keep his family together and by night drowning his sorrows in bottles of alcohol.

Jace and Alec spent their days training until the sun rose. Along with the company of Jeremy Gilbert who took the role of their trainer and someone they could confide in. Both having a need to be stronger, better now. Especially Alec who felt the most guilty out of them both. He hadn't told anyone what he and his mother talked about minutes before she died. He couldn't.

Jace cried in his sleep, screaming for his mother. Every once in a while in the early morning hours he would go towards her room that no one had dared entered in months but turn back last second.

Lizzie was more bitchy towards everyone than usual, her magic becoming unpredictable as were her mental break downs.

Josie didn't talk very much and went back to being the very shy girl in her sisters shadow. With out her mother here to assure her she was good enough she had fallen back into her old habits.

Hope Mikaelson was different though. She had become cold and closed off. She was angry. Angry that no one stopped her mother from basically committing suicide, that no one had helped her mother as she had her heart torn out. She was angry that her mom was ripped away from her right as she found her. 

While Rebekah grieved for her long time friend it wasn't as bad as everyone else's and she had no clue how to help them.

Davina often spoke about Kol's sudden bursts of anger. He wouldn't even be near her for more than five minutes before leaving the room because he was afraid he would lose control around her.

Freya spent her time with the Bennett witch attempting to find a way to bring her back to life. But it was like all traces of Camilla Forbes soul disappeared. And that frightened the two witches more than they would admit to anyone else.

Caroline however spent her days finding comfort in a certain original in a suit. He told her about his experience with grief and how he got through it. There would be days where Caroline would be a sobbing mess and he would hold her together. Though no one voiced their opinions everyone was shocked.

Damon and Elena tried keeping everyone sane but Elena could see Damon was close to cracking. Usually by now he would've done something rash or gotten angry but he hadn't. And that worried everyone.

Stefan left town as soon as the burial was over. Not being able to look at her children who had every feature of hers and little bits of her in their personality or the way they would walk. Caroline screamed and was fuming when she found out. In a moment of anger and grief he had said.

"They're not my kids Caroline. I can't take care of them. I won't. They remind me too much of her."

To which Caroline just gasped at him in disbelief. Camilla would have torn his head off of his shoulders right then and there. She proceeded on telling him to just leave. That Camilla wouldn't have wanted him near her children right now anyways.