𝑯𝑨𝑼𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑩𝒀 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑬𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺

"His memory will never stop haunting me

"His memory will never stop haunting me."

• • •

Flashback

Stefan and I were walking down the street hand in hand when he asked, "Can I ask you a question?"

I hummed and he said, "Do you think you'll ever truly get over him?"

I stopped walking as he stared at me intently but gently all the same. I knew who he meant by him, no one really mentions him around me but I know they purposely don't ask. I stood there for a few minutes just thinking about everything me and 'him' went through and where I am now.

"I feel like the betrayal I could get over. You know? It's been years and we've both moved on with our lives. The last I heard, he was in New Orleans constantly at war protecting him and Hayley's child. When I look at Jace I see so much of his dad in him. But I'm also happy with where I'm at in my life. A part of me will always love him, he gave me some amazing memories and a son, if he hadn't of left I probably would have traveled the world to wherever he went and never would've ended up pregnant with Josie and Lizzie." I say honestly staring at him with a small frown.

He stares right back at me with admiration and love in his eyes. I swing my arms around his neck and stand up on my tip toes and peck his lips.

"And I never would've ended up with the most handsome, kind, and loving boyfriend in the world." I say softly.

He puts his arms around my waist and spins me around as I squeal.

"And you call me cheesy?" He says in mock indiscretion.

I settle down my laughter and rub our noses together lightly.

"Please don't ever leave me." I say, vulnerability shining in my eyes.

He hugs me tight and promises a "Never."

We continue on our walk to the grill and when we finally get there I see all of our friends. Enzo, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, and Damon.

"Hey! Look who finally showed up!" Damon says raising his glass of bourbon towards the couple.

"Yeah Caroline was about to hunt you down!" Elena jokes and everyone but Caroline lets out a laugh.

"Um hello! We have one night a week where we all come together, Cam has kids now, Stefan's always with her, you and Damon plan on taking the cure together, and Bonnie and Enzo are leaving to travel the world next year! We need these memories!" Caroline exclaims and throws her hands up like her answer was painfully obvious.