𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑳𝑬𝑭𝑻 𝑩𝑬𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑫

"There will never be a moment you'll be alone while I'm in this world

"There will never be a moment you'll be alone while I'm in this world. That's my promise to you."

• • •

3rd POV

Camilla is sitting in her office at her desk finishing up some paperwork for some new recruits her sister sent her when she hears a knock.

"Come in." She says politely not looking up from her paper, too entranced by her work.

The door opens slowly revealing Niklaus Mikaelson.

"Hello love, I thought we were a bit over due for a chat." He says nonchalantly like his presence shouldn't have bothered her.

Camilla looks up and narrows her eyes at him with her lips set in a thin line.

"Mr. Mikaelson is this about Hope in any way?" She curtly asks. She was in no mood to speak to him now nor ever.

"No although-" He gets cut off by her harsh yet polite tone.

"Well then, I am a busy woman and I don't have time for games please get out of my office." She says looking back at paperwork.

Her, Caroline, and Alaric have been working extra hard to find a way for the twins to not have to go through the merge. Their 17th birthday was coming up which meant it was getting closer and closer. It terrified them all.

"I regret it all." He blurts out, she slowly looks up from what she's doing again, dropping her pen with an emotional-less face. "All except for having Hope. I love her more than I could ever imagine. I would gladly die for her and I know I hurt you but the only regret I have is you not being the mother of my child."

Little did he know he seemed to forget, she was the mother of his child. A child that was so painfully obvious that was his and he never even asked about nor seemed to care about. And that enraged her more than anything.

All the anger built up over years of her son in his toddler age asking who or where his daddy was and asking why he didnt love him or care. Camilla had to say he was busy but did love him. It was a partial lie, he was busy. Yes busy, taking care of his other family.

Camilla slowly stands up with a expressionless face but you can see the fury in her eyes. "Yes, but what you failed to mention was my son. The child you did have with me. The one I know Kol would've told you about by now. The child you left behind for your whore you cheated on me with. The child who Alaric and Stefan raised as their own because you couldn't be bothered, being too busy fighting for your other child. Yet the only regret I seem to have is you being his father because you couldn't even give him a second glance while Hope had a father willing to sacrifice everything for her ." She seethes, her voice getting louder with every word.

She takes a deep breath, composing herself, while staring at his now stunned and deeply guilty face. "You know what. Jace had and still has that too. Stefan didn't just sacrifice himself for me but so that Jace could grow up with a mother because he didn't have a father, even when Stefan stepped in as one all along. And he still has Alaric who treats him like he does his own daughters. So never come to me trying to play the victim and don't you dare say you wished I was Hope's mother because I am already the mother of one of your children and you were absent for 17 years so GET OUT!" She screams completely infuriated.

Klaus slowly walks back to the door with a tear dripping down his face finally realizing the damage he had caused her and whispers "I'm sorry." Before speeding out.

Moments later her door slams open as she has her head in her hands trying to control her breathing. That's not how she imagined her first encounter talking about her children with Niklaus.

Jace walks over to his mother and holds her head to his chest knowing she just needed a hug, huffing out a sad breath when she wraps her arms around his torso.

A few minutes later she lifts her head to reveal her puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks and that broke Jace's heart.

She sniffles and says "Do you think I'm a good mom to you, Alec, and the twins? Was I enough?"

His eyebrows furrow together wondering what could've brought this on. She was the perfect mom. She gave him girl advice. She taught him that it was okay to cry. She raised him mostly by herself after being completely heartbroken yet woke up every day with a smile on her face pretending everything was okay when it clearly wasn't.

"You're the best mother a kid could ask for. I love you momma." He says holding her tighter.

"I love you too baby never forget that." She whispers while caressing his cheek.

Jace was always her rock. Even before he was born, sitting in her stomach was her reason for living at the time. And he continued be the reason everyday since then with her other children who came along the way.

"There will never be a moment you'll be alone with me in this world. That's my promise to you."

𑁍  𑁍  𑁍
Vᴏᴛᴇ & Cᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ
✍︎
Rsʟʏɴ Mᴀᴅʏsᴏɴ

𑁍  𑁍  𑁍Vᴏᴛᴇ & Cᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ✍︎Rᴏsʟʏɴ Mᴀᴅʏsᴏɴ