𝑫𝑶𝑬 𝑬𝒀𝑬𝑺

The next morning Camilla woke up to her eldest son cuddling into her side stirring awake

The next morning Camilla woke up to her eldest son cuddling into her side stirring awake. She blinks up at the ceiling a couple of times trying to wake herself up a bit more more when she hears a loud yawn.

"Morning Momma." Jace tiredly yawns while stretching out his arms, turning on his side.

"Morning baby." She softly responds turning towards her son. "I think we need to talk."

Jace huffs putting an arm over his eyes, attempting to steer her away from the conversation he knew was bound to happened. "I'm fine."

Camilla studies him for a second before pushing his arm off his eyes gently and caressing his cheek with a frown. " No you're not Jace. I know you're hurt. Niklaus wasn't there for you growing up but he didn't know."

"He would have known if he didn't cheat on you. Hope would've been here with us and we would've been happy. He would've been there." He croaks out, beginning to get teary eyed again just thinking about it.

"I need you to listen to me very carefully okay?" Camilla whispers after kissing his forehead in a comforting manner.

Jace nods hesitantly not sure where this was going.

"What happened between me and your dad is between us. Yes it hurt me when he cheated. Yes, maybe Hope could've been with us this whole time if he hadn't cheated. But he didn't know about you and that's my fault. Okay? It was never that you weren't good enough, or he didn't want you. He loves you. He just didn't know." She says softly yet sternly. "I know you need a bit to think and calm yourself down but afterwards I want you to talk to him okay? You'll regret it later in life if you don't."

Jace looks at his mom with doubt and uncertainty. It was embarrassing enough that he had a mental breakdown in front of everyone he knew, but now his mom wanted him to talk to the one person he wanted to talk to the least. Camilla notices his hesitation and comments slightly more forcefully. "Okay?"

He nods sighing and sits up. "Sorry if I made Stefan sleep in another room."

Camilla laughs genuinely, "oh honey, if he wants to be apart of this family he's going to have to get used to it. Don't ever hesitate to climb into my bed, I'll always be your mom first."

Later on Camilla was sitting in her office with Stefan laughing over something he had said.

"You know we still need to talk." Stefan says after settling down. Camilla sighs softly feeling his intense stare.

"You died. You sacrificed yourself so I would live a free life and mystic falls wouldn't be destroyed." Camilla whispers staring out of the window suddenly lost in thought, all of the painful memories tugging at her heart again.