𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑬𝑫𝒀

"Everyone has their breaking point, hers has been coming for over 18 years

"Everyone has their breaking point, hers has been coming for over 18 years."

• • •

Alaric sighs as he sits at his desk when he sees Caroline ringing for the 3rd time that morning. He mutes his phone and turns it over with his head in his hands sighing.

Today wasn't any ordinary day. It was the day the whole Salvatore boarding school was gloomy. The hallways were quiet, the kids kept their heads down, and sadness could be felt in the air.

Today was the anniversary of Camilla & Stefan Salvatore's wedding day. Along with Stefan Salvatores death date.

Today was the day Camilla Salvatore-Forbes locks herself in her room for a whole 24 hours a sobbing mess. She was the heart of the school and all of the students loved her, to see her in pain put them in pain.

After all, the school was named after him and they all lived in the late Salvatores once upon a time home. Where him and his brother once schemed to keep a doppelgänger safe from a sacrifice. Where they tried to kill Katherine Pierce many times. Where Stefan and Camilla's most fond memories were.

Not even Lizzie, Josie, Alec, nor Jace disturbed her on this day of the year. They all felt her pain like it was their own. Jace and Lizzie especially. Josie was always more of a daddy's girl, of course she loved her mom she just didn't have that strong of a connection to her like her sister and brother. Jace and Lizzie mostly keep their heads down for a majority of the day wishing they could comfort their mom in any way possible. Alec on the other hand wasn't that great with emotions and respected her wishes of being left alone.

Camilla lays in her bed silently crying with a picture frame in her arms of her and Stefan on their wedding day. He held her bridal style while they stared smiling lovingly at each other. Little did she know he'd sacrifice himself hours later for her and his brother.

She runs her soft fingertips over his face in the frame and whispers, "Till death do us part." And begins crying even harder.

Hope Mikaelson almost immediately notices the gloomy change in the air when she steps out of her 'dorm' that day. Of course she'd be confused being a new student and all.

She walks over to where she sees Lizzie staring at a plaque on the wall with a far away gaze and a small frown.

"Hey do you know why everyone's being so sad today?" Hope questions with a small laugh not thinking anything of it and trying to ease the tense air.

Lizzie turns with fury in her eyes at her insensitivity. "Shut up!" She yells and walks away.

Hopes eyes widen and huffs a quite "jeez." But then she turns her head and looks to see what Lizzie was looking so intently at. Her eyes widen even more in guilt when she looks at the plaque and the date noticing it was dated for today.