Coffee Blues and Drunken News Pt 2

"As children, young wizards show their first signs of magic through a sudden outburst of emotions, some in defiance others happiness. It occurs without a wand, obviously, but when they receive their first wand it tethers their magic. In cases like myself a young wizard is refused a wand until they learn wandless magic, although it is quite hard to teach and takes years to fully master. Then there are powerful wizards, in cases like yourself, you experienced a strong pull of emotions in time of danger which brought forth magic without the tether of your wand and because you're magic is so strong you have managed to maintain it but you can't yet control it. That's where I come in, to teach you how to control it."

Harry cut Henry off, "And how long will that take?"

Henry raised an eyebrow, "It depends on the wizard, a few months to years."

Harry's heart twisted, "Months and years, I was thinking more like weeks."

Henry tutted, "No, no, it's a hard thing to control and i'd like you to understand the theory behind it as well," when Harry rolled his eyes Henry added, "Harry I really do insist, if you don't get this under control any sort of intrusive thought in a heated situation could come out very badly."

Harry frowned.

"Look, my great, great grandfather, I think it was, he ran away from home at a young age, he never properly learnt to control his magic and he was a angry kid, really short temper. He got drunk and was arguing outside a bar and soon enough," Henry paused for dramatic effect, "Boom," he slammed his hands down on the table and Harry jumped, "The whole street was gone, obliterated. He killed himself and a whole block of muggles over an argument."

Harry was silent them, he just looked down at the table.

"You're fresh out of school, you can easily get a job after you've finished training and there's not much to miss out on honestly," Henry tried to sympathise.

Harry murmured something in agreement, he kept the thought of Draco and Cassie to himself, he didn't trust this Henry very much and didn't plan on sharing his life story. Who knows maybe he was dreadfully proper and would report him to the police if he found out that Harry was seeing a boy.

They sat in silence in the cafe for a while, soft jazz music cocooning them.

Henry ordered another coffee and they made small talk occasionally but honestly Harry rather like the silence, he hadn't had time to think in forever.

Eventually the only other person in the cafe left, talking to Polly on his way out.

"Grant wanted me to tell you that hes coming down tomorrow," he said to waiter before he left.

She smiled cheerfully, "Alright Mr Chapman, well you tell your father that i'll be happy to see him and hopefully we can chat if it isn't too busy.

"Alright, good day Polls," He waved goodbye.

Polly sighed after he was gone and Henry dropped the silencing wards.

"Alright Polly," He asked the woman who was putting up the break sign on the door.

"Yep, really need to sit down though."

"Been a busy morning," he frowned, it had been mainly empty at least for the hour or two they had been there.

"No its been quite quiet but last night I was taking an extra shift at the pub just down the road, didn't get much sleep."

"Oh alright then, go sit down, i'll whip you up a coffee," he grinned at her.

Henry excused himself and Polly took a seat next to Harry.

"Alright there Mr Potter, i've been meaning to say hello, you've done so much for the Wizarding world."